Convicted felon Donald Trump's bizarre shark-battery question baffles MIT expert

Aren’t nukular subs electric boats too?

8 Likes
11 Likes

Maybe he’s using the same yardstick he employed to estimate the square footage of his real estate holdings…

21 Likes

Perfect, thank you

1 Like

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

8 Likes

Or maybe he’s eyeballing it, based upon the length of his own hands…

17 Likes

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

6 Likes

I like the idea MIT has an expert on bizarre questions.

no i didn’t read the article before commenting, i thought this was america

6 Likes

tens of thousands at a minimum. it’s so truly mind boggling, the scale is hard to believe.

[The lancet] concluded 40% of the US’s roughly 450,000 coronavirus deaths as of February 4 could have been avoided … 180,000 lives.

and that’s even before his attempted coup, the handling of the taliban, of putin, of family separation, and of pregnant people unable to get proper medical care. :confused:

18 Likes

Leap? The guy probably believes he can fly. Certainly once he has issued an executive order that repeals the law of gravity.

7 Likes

Could be.

General Dynamics Electric Boat

6 Likes

Was it a curse from a dying Archchancellor?

Rincewind:

• Fretwork Teacher (apparently the result of some 1200 year old curse from a dying Archchancellor, sounding very much like ‘May you always teach fretwork!’)
8 Likes

Absolutely right. In fact, it’s worth noting that the name of the company that makes them for the US Navy is “Electric Boat”.

ETA: And… I should’ve read further down. @RickMycroft beat me to it, with the proper name for the company.

6 Likes

I picture the “MIT Expert” going back to his class the next day, and saying to his students, “Remember at the beginning of the semester when I said there were no stupid questions? Well I was WRONG! Oh so very wrong!”

23 Likes

Please remember that this person is under the impression that magnets are destroyed by water.

14 Likes

It used to be General Electric, Electric Boat Division, until a CEO went Third Party Equity on his own company.

5 Likes

But do they ever think to change them? I think we all know the answer.

8 Likes

I’d say he just Sarah Palin’d his candidacy right there with that mindless rant but I guess you never underestimate the conviction of idiots. blink

7 Likes

Three thoughts:

1. This guy really was scarred by Peter Benchley’s novel, and then Spielberg’s movie in '75.
  2. There are lakes where no combustion motors are allowed, For decades. They even have battery powered ferries.
  3. The above isn’t why he said it as much as the salesman/showman brain has latched on to how his audience seems to eat this up. He just wants to bask in their applause.
10 Likes

Not likely. The ghostwriter who penned The Art of the Deal has publicly stated that he doesn’t believe Trump has read a single book in his adult life. And that includes the books that Trump pretends to have written himself.

16 Likes