Convicted felon Donald Trump's bizarre shark-battery question baffles MIT expert

No need to. He’s a floater.

18 Likes

This intrigued me, since I was a kid when Jaws was such a hit. I wasn’t aware that the book was published in 1974, I thought it might have been earlier, when You Know Who was a teen. So I did some digging.

Turns out the novel is based on a real life Quint figure named Frank Mundus, a shark hunter in Mauntauk, NY. Apparently his “monster fishing” was known amongst anyone staying in the Hamptons.

The other thing I recall are how pulp magazines loved tales of shark infested waters. It’s easy to imagine young, horny What’s His Face reading (okay, skimming) those rags.

My point is, he’s stuck in 1975. Never grew out of that mindset. Nixon and Ford are his presidents.

7 Likes

Not imprisoning the criminal Nixon gang was the real biggest mistake the US made in the last 50 years. It’s so long ago but that gang of rich criminals have continued to reap damage all through my life. They should have been nipped, not in the bud, but when their criminality flowered as spectacularly as it did.

Nixon and his gang were just total slimeball criminals. What Ford did is unforgivable. I don’t know anything about him apart from that thing he did that fucked up america.

Carter is the first US president I remember.

18 Likes

If no one knows the answer, we’ll just have to do an empirical test.

3 Likes

From Jaws II

Not a battery though.

2 Likes

Michael Caine is not coming back for this Jaws sequel, no matter how nice a house it might buy.

11 Likes

Donald’s rambling take on the woods/bear/man question: would you rather be trapped on the water with a battery or a shark?
Ijjit.

13 Likes

:+1:

7 Likes

…or just get your electric eel and see what’s not be…

1 Like

dUVYE56

13 Likes

Empiricism?. Who needs Empirical evidence? Just ask ChatGPT.

3 Likes

But sticking Felon Forty-Five on a sinking boat with a shark and a battery sounds like fun science!

12 Likes

He’s getting better everyday as a stand-up comedian.
His demented politician routine is spot-on! Hilarious.

1 Like

We’re all gonna be laughing all the way to fascist dictatorship… hilarious!!! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

We’re going to need a bigger diaper…

5 Likes

Totally the movie. Trump doesn’t read. When he thinks of sharks he likely hears the theme music in his head.

5 Likes

9 Likes

with all the flippin’ nonsense, i almost forgot to say the obvious -
sharks are COOL!

oooh! electric sharks! wow! much cool!

12 Likes

I was curious.

3 Likes

Shark Battery Man Camera TV

15 Likes