Cops in Woodland, Ca., stand by as "Proud Boys" try to force their way into drag show

They are not the Taliban.

This is Christian bullshit, nothing to do with Islam. Do better.

15 Likes

That night at the Honest Place, a fight erupted, according to police reports, when a Confederate skin jumped out of a van that contained 11 other Confederates and told one of the independent skins to take off his boots, which he refused to do. When a scuffle broke out, club owner Greg Winslow pulled out a .22-caliber rifle and fired nine shots toward the van.

The charges against the club owner were later dropped…

(possible TW for descriptions of violence herein)

2 Likes

I would pay to see that.

Did those Woodland cops transfer over from Uvalde?

2 Likes

Cop’s statement: “Thankfully, no Proud Boys were hurt in the altercation”

4 Likes

Why is that age restricted? Here is the archive.org link:

3 Likes

Because far-right arseholes are making false reports on anything that is vaguely progressive or left wing.

14 Likes

dunno about the law, but FAFO has always seemed to be the de facto code at bars and nightclubs

8 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

Seeing as the cops would inevitably join in with their fascist friends, no, I do not want to see that.

7 Likes

Perhaps they need to change their motto to, “Observe And Allow”.

7 Likes

Now THAT I’d pay to see.
FAFO and dude just gets an elephant sicced on him.

3 Likes

Just today on Reddit, I saw someone ask: “Why don’t the cops ever arrest the Proud Boys for gang violence or terroristic threats?”

And they received the reply: “For the same reason you’ve never seen Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus in the same place.”

16 Likes

Sticker Mule! We made a few hundred Gay Putin stickers which look fantastic on holographic vinyl. Wait for a special and you can get as many as 50 for about $25.

2 Likes

Why the fuck did I put ‘almost’ in there? Thanks for catching that.
Fixed the original.

5 Likes

not trying to nitpick you, just seriously wondering if the demographics are much different

there are a lot of, uh, white supremacists of color out there too … some dudes just want a club to belong to, and “come hate liberals with us” is a simple pitch and a low hurdle to get over

5 Likes

It isn’t nitpicking when pointing out that the meaning/context of a statement is unclear.
The culpa is all mea.

Overall, not really.
The cops I have known [and some were family members] seemed to be Control Freaks.
‘My Way Or The Highway’ seems to be an underlying ethos of many of those that count themselves on the side of You Know Who.

Yeah, and there are lots of women celebrating the demise of Roe v Wade.
Go figure.

Some dudes are droogs at heart & only the costume is different.

6 Likes

ATTENTION YOUNG MEN: Weird surrealist novels like A Clockwork Orange, The Warriors, and Fight Club are NOT SELF-HELP BOOKS :confounded:

10 Likes

This has nothing to do with Christianity.

Christianity as it was originally preached? Maybe not that much. Christianity as certain varieties have developed in the intervening two millennia? Very much tied to that, and certainly much more than Islam anything. Why, where do you think the hatred of gays and anything perceived to be related to them comes from?

9 Likes