Cracker Barrel steps up to the firing squad as MAGA blasts them over Pride Month post

Yup, company after company is embracing the pride thing simply because it’s become accepted by the majority and it’s an easy PR win.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Don’t get me started on Waffle House cooking in more oil than Alaska…

4 Likes

Mighty big of you Crackers trying to kiss up to LGBTQ folks. Have you sorry-ass bastards apologized to all the folks you fired in the 90’s because they didn’t look straight enough to slop out your swill? You were disgusting then and you’re still disgusting when you’re pandering to us for money. We still don’t fit your heteronormative values

6 Likes

Are the deplorables still mad about the veggie sausage?

6 Likes

So weird. Who would have guessed the inevitable march of time, knowledge, and progress would leave conservatives behind?

“HOW DO I BOYCOTT SUMTHIN AHM ALREAH BOCOTTIN’? WHERE’S MY MAD LIST?”

4 Likes

It’s as though the biggest sin of all is living.

7 Likes

I think it’s in everyone’s best interest to shield these very tender people from these highly offensive inclusive colors. To that end, one of the older books in my collection has this quote. I can’t quite make out the title but this phrase definitely sounds like one that is woke:

Genesis 9:13-16:I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

10 Likes

“CrackerBarrel has fallen” is beautiful.

I hope these people find out that every company that produces everything they like has been supporting Pride for years.

Are they boycotting both Coke and Pepsi yet? Home Depot and Lowes? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Tim Hortons?

5 Likes

I can’t blame them for thinking it- every aspect of the government and media are rigged and twisted into giving them disproportionate representation. It may not make sense for companies to cater to them but the 1% will keep doing everything in their power to make them feel important and relevant.

5 Likes

“Normal heterosexual values”? Like cheating on your spouse with your crossfit instructor?

11 Likes

It’s like the 8th sequel in that Gerard Butler movie series.

5 Likes

I haven’t eaten at Cracker Barrel very often since I moved to New Jersey because there aren’t a lot of them here, but I ate there quite a bit when I lived in Kansas City. And I have to say…Cracker Barrel didn’t just now go woke. The one I usually ate at in Independence, Missouri had at least one trans server working there 5-10 years ago. Again…this was in Missouri. It still very much had a redneck vibe, but they had a somewhat diverse workforce and an even more diverse clientele, at least at that location.

8 Likes

When Cracker Barrel made headlines for firing gay employees in '91 it was a big win for them; the number of locations tripled in the following decade. That they have made an about face in the past decade is purely financial. The country has finally turned the corner on recognizing the humanity of LGBTQ people, and corporations are selfishly going along.

That makes me happy.

If a bunch of right wing assholes that built cracker barrel because they liked going to a racist, homophobic chain now boycott it and cause it to fail, that will make me happy too

10 Likes

13 Likes

As long as Cracker Barrel is still racist, the MAGAs will keep coming back.

1 Like

In the end we will have all the comfort food.
It smells like…
robert duvall victory GIF

2 Likes

I can see why these people feel such a sense of betrayal—the place has the word “cracker” right in the name.

3 Likes

As long as Waffle House remains, it’s not the apocalypse yet.

3 Likes

If I ran a family-friendly business, I wouldn’t want bigoted homophobes in my establishment either.

3 Likes