Crowds head to beaches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/19/crowds-head-to-beaches.html

8 Likes

This is pretty vanilla by East Texas standards.

9 Likes

The trump flag at @1:30 says it all.

6 Likes

In the war against disease, these people are cannon fodder. Even LEOs are going around without masks and getting too close. I’m sure the administration will be very happy at the numbers from the first wave, while planning for the ones to come. :angry:

19 Likes

Morons. And drunk morons. I’ve said it before: public health officers should be taking their names and contact info, for purposes of contact tracing and also to make sure they’re sent to the end of the line if they end up needing treatment for Covid.

26 Likes

beaches are reopening following the pandemic

That “news” channel actually says “following the pandemic”, not “following the (ill advised) lifting of lockdown”. With media like that who can be surprised these people are what they are

21 Likes

moroms

27 Likes

Texas beaches makes the Jersey shore look like the Hamptons.

15 Likes

Texas morgues filling up with people with sand between their toes and space between their ears.

12 Likes

9 Likes

The “following” jumped out at me too. Yep, pandemic is all over. We won! Time to get back to being silly.

20 Likes

It kind of makes sense. The East Texas Philosophical Society cancelled its annual spring convention and debate competition (this year was a doozy centered on Thales of Miletus’ cosmological thesis of water as the first principle in the context of climate change), so all these people had some spare time on their hands.

29 Likes

Beaumontonians seem to be eating well.

12 Likes

I’m not opposed to states easing restrictions as long as they have a clear game plan for contingencies and well-articulated stipulations:

“Come down here and have a good time. You have a good time, there’s no issue. But when you start actin’ silly… we’ve got a jail that’s got a lot of empty holds (holes?).”

See, that wasn’t so hard. Cuomo, why do you hate freedom?

5 Likes

I’m just surprised I didn’t see more smokers (or maybe they edited those out). Camels don’t taste as good with a covid flavor.

1 Like

Cars on the beach ? WTF ???

12 Likes

that’s a thing in Florida. Panhandle and Daytona for sure.

2 Likes

Why the hell isn’t he wearing a mask? I don’t care if you’re required to. You’re on TV. Be an adult and set the right example.

9 Likes

This is awful. This must be terrible for the dune and beach ecology, I’m baffled.

10 Likes

That doesn’t sound like this administration.

3 Likes