Crowds head to beaches

Meanwhile, from two days ago:

The [Texas Department of Health] reported Saturday that there are more than 47,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the state, with over 1,800 new cases reported Saturday, as the state ramps up testing in areas that it has declared high risk. It’s the largest single-day increase in confirmed cases in Texas since the pandemic began.

I like how the woman explaining her hand sanitizing routine is one of those projectile speakers. Six feet away is too close with someone like her.

Fun it is!

Maybe it’s fun, but not all fun things are good.
And I don’t want to walk on the beach and even have to see a car.
Sorry to be a bummer but I had no idea this was a thing and i think it’s really dumb.

7 Likes

I went to a beach in Texas several years ago. I couldn’t tell if there were more oil rigs on the horizon or grains of sand below my feet.

I like how, in Texas, Bolivar rhymes with Oliver. Yeehaw!

2 Likes

It’s a well known fact that twerking cures COVID.

But I do wonder what their actual risk rates are, to themselves at least, both for hospitalization and death. All the stats I can find are pretty old, before there was widespread testing, but they show pretty low risk rates too. Does anyone happen to know some current data for the risk of hospitalization and/or death from COVID-19 for people in their 20s?

And of course that’s putting aside the fact that they’re helping spread the disease to people who are more vulnerable to hospitalization and/or death from it.

These people obviously take their outdoor exercise and fitness seriously.

2 Likes

It’s all gravy baby.

Most of us were dumb at one point in our lives. Many of us are still dumb today. But very very few of us are “I want to kill my grandma because I’m sick of getting drunk at home and want to get drunk in the brackish pit that is a Galveston beach instead” dumb.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.