Cruz to pick Carly Fiorina as running mate

[Read the post]

4 Likes

I was just about to post this.

Don’t you have to be the nominee first?

15 Likes

Perhaps this time she is not overly worried about ruining her chances of being Trump’s running mate.

3 Likes

Good lord. Is he of the opinion that will help?

38 Likes

Not necessarily; it usually happens closer to the convention, after all of the primaries have finished. But Ted Cruz isn’t one to follow traditional thinking.

6 Likes

Like the article says, I guess it’s all about winning California. Not that picking someone who’s already lost in California is necessarily the best choice, perhaps?

Time for the other nominees to make their picks? Can someone pick Herman Cain, pretty please?

12 Likes

Are there any credible theories as to whom Trump might pick?

No, Reagan did it in '76.

Of course, that didn’t work out too well for him that year…

5 Likes

Not at all. I am free to announce my running mate. Won’t matter very much, but I can issue a press release.

@KarlS:

4 Likes
Many Republicans worry that if Trump is the nominee, he will alienate female voters in the general election given his past controversial comments on women — a fear exacerbated by his victory speech last night where he blasted Clinton for playing "the woman's card."

Granted, that blurb is at the end of the article covering Cruz choosing Fiorina, but is that really the sole reason Republicans are worried about Trump? Hell, Oklahoma’s bunch of right-wing idiots just outlawed abortion in their state–the GOP doesn’t look too worried about turnout by the fairer sex.

1 Like

Who is it? @othermichael?

2 Likes

Carly seems almost too far right for California Republicans, although I might just be projecting.

1 Like

Melania Trump!

4 Likes

“Ted Cruz” + “Carly Fiorina” = “Certainly R Zodiac”

24 Likes

Isn’t it time that Princess Pricklepants picked a running mate? Perhaps someone who can bring the rodent vote?

7 Likes

My husband who tweets for his job says that this is currently trending on Twitter. (Twitter is about six weeks behind BoingBoing…)

3 Likes

No, I wear my lapel-pin on the opposite side.

2 Likes

Princess Pricklepants + Rat King := FTW!

8 Likes

The unity of the Eulipotyphla and the Rodentia is indissoluble! But they’ll never get anywhere - just imagine their views on gun control.

6 Likes

Nate Silver posted “FAIRLY CURRENT ZODIAC” and things went a little nuts.

“Ted Cruz” + “Carly Fiorina” = “Clarify Zodiac Return” is my favorite the anagram finder has reported:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=ted+cruz+carly+fiorina&language=english&t=5000&d=&include=zodiac&exclude=&n=&m=&source=adv&a=n&l=n&q=n&k=1

8 Likes