Da Musicz

It’s interesting how some popular musicians and bands get a reputation in the general public’s eye of not being great instrumentalists when they are. The Dead are a good example. John Mayer, Brad Paisley, and Keith Urban are other big, very popular artists who the general public probably doesn’t recognize as being absolutely phenomenal guitarists. And yeah, Jerry Garcia was also in that category. Karen Carpenter was an outstanding drummer, and I doubt if most people today have any idea. She once beat out John Bonham in a Playboy magazine poll for best rock drummer. Bonham was reportedly not pleased.

8 Likes

Yeah, but could Bonzo play this jazz shuffle?

I think not. Jog on John Bonham!

One of my girls is a drummer and singer so Karen Carpenter was someone I tried to turn her on to.

ETA
Garcia is an amazing guitarist from multiple perspectives. Serious proper chops.

6 Likes

Do you have a dvd or blue-ray player? Most of them will play CDs too.

4 Likes

I don’t. I have a PS4. It will play blue-ray disks, but it was not play audio CDs. I think the only CD player I have is in my car, lol.

5 Likes

I use a USB to CD adapter. But like you my only CD player is in my truck!

8 Likes

Oh… well, you can probably pick up a cheap-o CD player on amazon or at target/wal-mart or whatever. I’m guessing you can probably get one for well under $50…

6 Likes
6 Likes

So close…

3 Likes

[Lankum puts the metal in Irish folk music (lemonde.fr)]

[Lankum: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert (youtube.com)]

3 Likes
1 Like

What’s the TVT label album? Is the last cd on the right the Lost Highway soundtrack? What else you got on that sun visor?

1 Like

Lets see:

NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
Fleetwood Mac - Compilation CD of some kind
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Jamiroquai - Bootleg CD I got in Macedonia
Ibiza 97 mix CD
Some homemade EDM CD
Lost highway soundtrack

7 Likes

I have a desktop computer with a CD ROM. I mostly use it to rip CDs to itunes, then copy to my ipod.

Yes, I’m old and a nerd, why do you ask?

1 Like

I have a Macbook Pro, which no longer comes with a CD-ROM, and a gaming PC, which I opted to not get with a CD-ROM, because software isn’t purchased on CD-ROM anymore, lol. Anyway, I opted to buy an external CD-ROM to do exactly what you said, although without the iPod, because I don’t know where mine is anymore. Buried in a junk drawer somewhere, probably. The external CD-ROM was $25. Amazing.

2 Likes

Hope you find that ipod, the hard drives are way bigger than a phone’s. Moar music!

Here’s a disk I used to study to, just to get fully back on topic:

and another:

4 Likes

I also have a cheap but serviceable external CD-ROM that can plug into any device I have, including a monitor (TV or otherwise) with the right connector.

2 Likes

This is a nice little set, and I’m reluctant to mention this, but I think that Steve Bannon might be Marty Stuart’s evil and corrupted twin/clone.

4 Likes

I love Marty Stuart and now I can’t unsee that.

@OhHai

The Goldbergs Eye Roll GIF by ABC Network

5 Likes

Dang it, I’m sorry!

3 Likes

This sounds like the title song to a James Bond movie. It’s not, but that’s what it sounds like.

6 Likes