Da Musicz

from

4 Likes

This is an interesting video. This is another type of “xxxx hears xxxxx for the first time” type of video that I actually think is pretty watchable.

4 Likes

Ah yeah, I haven’t watched that one but watching some great drummer come up with the beat for something from a genre they don’t listen to isn’t what I’d call a reaction video. It’s a watching a master at work video.

A couple of those have been posted before and been amazing.

4 Likes
4 Likes

So who could have tipped people off about the ogham script? I wouldn’t imagine too many people outside Ireland (or even in Ireland) would recognize it as writing.

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

[ETA]

Bill was tr0lling at the end there…

2 Likes

Adventure Time GIF

[ETA]

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

[Switzerland’s Nemo wins Eurovision after contest roiled by protests over Gaza war (lemonde.fr)]

[Bambie Thug’s quiet protest was more effective than any Eurovision boycott – The Irish Times]

[‘We’re a gay bar, not a political venue’: London’s best-known gay pub in row over Israel Eurovision boycott – The Irish Times]

1 Like

[ETA]

New Childish Gambino…

[ETA]

6 Likes

From the Youtube comments:

Hi, it’s David Paul Meyer, director of the Daily Show. I just wanted to say that it was a real thrill getting to direct this performance. I remember watching Vampire Weekend in 2008 perform M79 on SNL, and how I became an instant fan. Now, I play VW’s music for my kids, and they love it too. That’s what’s so special about great music. So yeah, this was a dream gig. I also want to say that this would not be possible without the remarkable efforts by staff and crew at The Daily Show who go above and beyond every single day to create these special moments. It’s an honor to get to work with such talented people. I know the internet is not a great place for being earnest and heartfelt, but figured I’d put this out there anyways.

Nice comments are nice! I’m going to give this new album a shot. This is one of those bands that I see live performances and I’m impressed (thinking of them on Austin City Limits in particular), then go to the albums and I’m not as much. idk.

3 Likes

Welp, PBS Newshour is now covering the Drake-Lamar rap beef, so… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
1 Like

West coast, but… still… obligatory…

Oh! And…

Punk Rock GIF by moodman

1 Like
3 Likes