Da Musicz

Norma Tanega - “Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog”

6 Likes

The Other Favorites - “Was I a Man?”

3 Likes

REM is one of my favorite bands of all time. They’re probably my favorite band after Yes. So I’m geeking out watching this interview. I love Mike Mills.

4 Likes

Only word there I would call Finnish is rippari a variation rippikoulu (confirmation school in the Finnish Lutheran tradition). Usually called ripari.

Rippari could also mean ripping software or in some dialects exotic dancer (usually strippari).

Here’s a song about two week drinking bender and love.
And in English:

ETA: Also ‘tuu’ is a variation off ‘tule’ meaning ‘come’.

3 Likes

Joshua Lee Turner & Bob Barrick - “Heartache Here”

There’s :no_entry_sign: :heart:ache :hear_with_hearing_aid:

1 Like

Devotchka - “Done With Those Days”

3 Likes

Chris Connelly put out a new album a couple of months ago…

Baby Chris footage!!! :face_holding_back_tears: From his Fini Tribe days!

And if you’re in the Chicagoland area this summer, he has some upcoming shows around town… including hosting a tour of the museum of post-punk and industrial music (which I think is housed in the old Wax Trax location?)…

4 Likes

Better than Highlander 2!!

Nice track.

The Dresden Dolls are live streaming their show from DC tonight…

In case you’d like to give it a watch!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! Awesome!

2 Likes

Enjoy!

Also… I could watch Brian drum all day! He’s so amazing!!!

[ETA]

It’s a banana! Just look at it!

1 Like

That was amazing!

2 Likes
6 Likes

No! Not the single edit, Dick Around requires the full six and a half minute version for when all you really do now is dick around.

Listen to it on repeat while the sun goes up, the moon comes out, the leaves are green, the leaves are brown.

3 Likes

The Tragically Hip - “Ahead By A Century”

:sheep: :registered: :a: :speaking_head:by :a: :100: y :ear:s

1 Like

Kermit - “This Frog”

:mushroom: :frog:

2 Likes

Just, FYI, the stream of the show will be up for another day, me thinks if you wanted to check it out and missed it.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Fun fact I learned watching that Mike Mills interview. Or facts, I guess. I.R.S. Records was founded by Miles Copeland III, older brother of Stewart Copeland, who obviously co-founded the Police. Another brother, Ian Copeland, founded F.B.I., Frontier Booking International. Notice a trend there? The Police. The FBI. The IRS. Is that random? No, it’s not! Their father, Miles Copeland, Jr., was a founding member of the CIA! Their dad was a spy!

7 Likes