Da Musicz

GTA V has brought in more than $8.5 billion since its release, according to earnings results posted by Take-Two.

The updates are credited with bringing in $500 million in revenue annually, according to data published as part of a lawsuit filed by a former Rockstar executive disputing royalty payments.

2 Likes

Holy shit, this dude…

Also… the fuckin’ drummer… holy shit…

5 Likes

“ Is this really that cheap? What’s a more fair price to pay? On top of the $7500, the artists are also getting their music exposed to a massive audience.”

Yes it is. Just as a comparison my mate’s big sister was in a band signed to 4AD in the 90s and they were sampled by a breakbeat band for their first album (major label, it was getting big at the time but this act hadn’t actually had hit singles or anything) and the fee was ten times that. 30 years ago when you could buy two houses for that price.

The sampling album did really well and the dance duo were very successful. The exposure? That was worth nothing in the long run. The cold hard cash was though.

Yes $7,500 is not exactly cheap, it’s thieving bastard behaviour.

Hey Rockstar? I will pay you in exposure for any game of yours I play.

ETA
Ten times that in English pounds so thirteen times that in mid 90s purchasing power. And the big band didn’t make billions from their record.
People get mad about the right wing scum Oasis engaging in disgusting ticket pricing shenanigans but it’s shit like this and how studios want to steal artists work to train AI while Disney gets the exception from everything on your PC being recorded for AI that really makes me want to line the motherfuckers up against the wall. Shoot some fucking sense into them.

4 Likes

[ETA]

1 Like

Fuck möntley cryu

1 Like
1 Like

From a difference performance…

1 Like

We got to see them pre-COVID. A great show!

1 Like

Turn it up. Your speakers will thank you

1 Like

Get well soon Kamasi. My tickets have new dates on them already. I really hope (for his sake more than mine) that he makes the new dates. I’ve had a couple of tickets postponed and then cancelled recently and it hasn’t been great news…

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

[ETA]

1 Like

Aaand…it’s over.
Last Gröna Lund concert for me this season was Thursday, a quite reknown, at least locally, Swedish rock group.
The Soundtrack of Our Lives.

I had never heard of them before, but all my colleagues told they were worth going, and so did a friend who had already seen them.
I did not have the time to listen to them as preparation, so I wen there not knowing what to expect.

They started a bit stiffly, but after about 20’ they totally switched gear and found their way, giving a very good performance!

I see a number of people -not me- have uploaded parts of the GL gig on YT, but the audio and video is what you would expect…

1 Like

Jane’s Addiction provides preview of the Oasis reunion tour:

5 Likes

Oasis version…

George Costanza Fighting GIF

4 Likes

Midwest Emo/Metal fusion? Sure, why not?

2 Likes

Addendum? Update?

[ETA]

[ETA]

[ETA]

[ETA]

1 Like