Da Musicz

Not really old school but I am late getting hip, (plus all the other music threads seem to be expired.)

I can’t believe Im just now learning about this group:

5 Likes

There was an animated Django in the ‘Triplets of Bellville’!

1 Like

“Last Kind Word Blues” (Geeshie Wiley; 1930)

One of the best blues songs ever. The photo is not of Wiley; no photos of her have been found.

3 Likes

Happy Friday y’all!

5 Likes

Added to my Spotify. It also shows me Syd (singer) has her own solo album - as do other members of the group, I think.

1 Like

Are… are you me?

1 Like

Yep; that was what I found too. That funky-ass bass line on this song just gets to me…

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a reflection on the decline of Steely Dan, or the amazing wealth of the city of Greenwich, Connecticut, but the band actually played at the Greenwich Town Party last month. Here’s the concert up on Youtube.

1 Like

The Commodores - Machine Gun

(Just heard this used as a music button on A Way With Words and had to look it up. That’s some good jam.)

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

And for fun:

2 Likes

Because, well it’s funny!

6 Likes

Oh so smiley and beautiful

3 Likes

Edit: well that was an embarrassing overshare. Enjoy the tunes.

3 Likes

I never thought this would be possible but think I like this version of Feel Like Makin’ Love better than Roberta Flack and ended up listening to the whole album, holy macaroons how have I not heard of her before. Whole album is incredible.

3 Likes

I totally forgot this song existed. I forgot how many INXS songs I recognize, I forgot how many successful songs they had (partly because I wasn’t necessarily a fan, but they were on all the damn time). When I was in college Michael Hutchence was the guy we could never compete with with the ladies.

Apologies if this is turning into my personal music thread.

3 Likes