David Hasselhoff is auctioning off KITT from Knight Rider

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/08/david-hasselhoff-is-auctioning-off-kitt-from-knight-rider.html

4 Likes

Only if pursuit mode. Only if.

11 Likes

Sounds like the Hoff needs some quick cash.

14 Likes

But, like, does it talk?

10 Likes

Do you have to sit in the stunt driver’s lap?

25 Likes

I’d rather have that tardis-like semi trailer.

8 Likes

Honestly I’d feel way worse about buying it if it did.

“How could Michael do this to me after all we’ve been through?”

18 Likes

Unless it actually comes with KITT the AI, no sale.

16 Likes

After having to explain all his references in Guardians of the Galaxy movies, my kids only refer to him as Zardu Hasselfrau.

16 Likes

Is there a GPS with KITT’s voice?

4 Likes

Apparently the lightbar/scanner is a legal issue with all of the KITT replicas (there are many). In all 50 states it is illegal to have red lights on the front of the vehicle while it is on the road. So most people leave it off and only turn it on when it’s parked and being admired.

8 Likes

Not finding the pinball game in the auction, or a friend of mine would already be bidding on it (and I’d be playing on it in a few weeks). Sigh.

4 Likes

Huh. You’d think KITT would have leather seats.

I’ve seen a number of replicas at car shows, and they do “talk,” if only via recordings of quotes from the show.

5 Likes

Something about the idea of a sentient being constructed from the skin of dead animals makes it way creepier than a regular car.

7 Likes

KITT and the A-Team Van going up for sale? What next? Automan’s Autocar and Autochopper?

@Melizmatic Aparently KITT’s AI got another gig.

6 Likes

Early 80’s GM cars were all about velour seating. Only Caddies had real leather.

5 Likes

I favour…

4 Likes

I’m not poor but I wouldn’t mind a quick mill either.

3 Likes

The sense of taste and style I’ve acquired shudders at how much my inner child wants to own KITT.

That would just make it better.

3 Likes

“I crave flesh, Michael.”

13 Likes