DC Metro provided private subway car for white supremacists at Sunday's rally

I suppose the bus owners didn’t want their vehicle bashed in and trashed by an angry mob and/or they had second thoughts about doing business with Nazis.

3 Likes

These days, everyone buys police tacticals from the surplus stores because they’re solid footware, and to confuse the issue.

Dropping people in the countryside without their shoes is a frequent blue tactic against minorities. With only 30 of them, I guess they qualify.

2fthg5

5 Likes

No. Never again.

Not to anyone. We’re better than that.

2 Likes

Any person of color or differently gendered or woman or any other “minority”… When we are harassed by white male supremesists, we know who the police stand with.

2 Likes

Speaking solely for myself and some of my kinfolk, we have known for quite some time.

12 Likes

We don’t seem to be living in a “held responsible” kind of era right now

4 Likes

Wow, who made this? I want to marry them. (As an officiant, since I am already married.)

Also, I don’t know who that character in … the fez? … is, but it is amazing.

3 Likes

(Not directed at you) – Here’s a thought, how about they walk, or call fucking Uber, right? Granted, I wouldn’t want to submit Uber or Lyft drivers to these fucking assholes. So back to, how about they fucking walk. Or get cars? WTF.

Now, I say this as someone who has been trudgeoned by DC police at a Protest (A16/17 2000 mofos!) – who also were trying to walk on us with horses, I’ll add for effect. So normally I’d be all like, yeah, sick the police on them. But this sounds like they are under state guard, to which I will state, fuck that.

1 Like

It came out of this wonderful moment when Alex Hirsch suggested it would be cool if people drew Grunkle Stan punching a Nazi.

4 Likes

Grunkle Stan from the wonderful Gravity Falls.

Here is the Pixel artist on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/probzz

6 Likes

I respect your ethical position. In my mind the train was taking its load of Nazis off to prison for their very real crimes, and their stated intention to commit worse in the future.

2 Likes

Hogan’s Heroes was earlier, as were Combat! and McHale’s Navy. Curiously, I can’t think of anything from the 50s, except maybe the odd episode of Kraft Mystery Theater. Maybe it was too soon? Or we’d switched our attention completely to the Bolshevik menace?

Of course, Daleks were based on Nazis.

2 Likes

Also Death’s Head Revisited on The Twilight Zone in 1961.

3 Likes

Hence the transporter- it was cheaper than having a model of a landing craft.

1 Like

Only by about a year or so (started in 65), but yeah. And both Combat! and McHale’s navy were 62, so even earlier than Doctor Who’s introduction of the Daleks.

True, with the first appearance being with the first Doctor, so 63, I believe. But I think that was really made explicit with Genesis of the Daleks (in terms of pretty blatant imagery). I mean, yeah, they’re yelling about extermination prior to that, but you can still sort of half close your eyes and still just see them as alien. You can’t do that with Genesis, because it’s made so very clear to the viewer that these are space Nazis, being led by Davros doing genetic experiments in order to create a master race. The implication is more stark there, for sure.

But… I too can’t think of anything earlier than these?

Oh! Sci-fi dealing with this stuff earlier than others, then, it seems like.

Also, is is uber weird that some of the earliest depictions of Nazis on American TV were in sit coms (McHale’s Navy and Hogan’s Heroes)?

2 Likes

Hitler invented the Volkswagen,the people’s car!

Well okay, “aggregating power” in the sense that 20-ish years ago when we were doing SA forum raids on neo-nazi websites in order to make fun of them, they are much more public, well organized, and media-savvy than they used to be.

1 Like

Sorry, just being more accurate.

4 Likes

Not sure where else to put this:

1 Like