Dee Snider and Ted Nugent back Paul Stanley's claim that gender-affirming care is a "sad and dangerous fad"

Little Richard. FTFY.

11 Likes

It’s because it’s not exactly a hard acronym to remember, LGBTQ+ isn’t difficult to remember and if you get the IA in there too, all the better!

Queer folk might laugh between themselves that LGBT is one of the best sandwiches you can have… but that’s within a community. When straight people start making shitty comments about “the Alphabet Mafia” and others fuck up what is just 6 characters… I’m not going to forgive it easily if I don’t know you.

Is it a huge deal? Maybe not.
In a thread about transphobia?
It’s not asking a lot for a little respect. It’s the bare minimum.

15 Likes

Wop-bop, a loo-fuckin-bop:

12 Likes

Honestly, it doesn’t matter why you’re asking, and so I appreciate that you took the time to explain.

I’d hope that here in Mutantlandia it’s enough simply to say “I don’t like it and I prefer people not use it” and that everyone respect that. I will.

14 Likes

Those three fuckers are sad and dangerous.

8 Likes

I was introduced to the term by queer Scottish/English friends, in whose circles it was apparently standard, so I assumed it perhaps had more widespread usage than it does. I liked it because it was more inclusive than “LGBT,” but if you object to it, I won’t use it.

10 Likes

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it. :+1:

12 Likes

Motherfuckers out here panicking like puberty blockers and gender-affirming care are a fucking TikTok challenge. Welp, someone at least tell them even TikTok panics are bullshit…

7 Likes

I have no idea why people find it so hard. But they do.

7 Likes

Because celebrities spend years around people who fawning over them, treating everything they do and everything they say as if it’s Received Wisdom. They get asked all the time what they think about things, and after a while it becomes normalized for them to think “hey, I know I’m not an orbital physicist, my opinion on satellite engineering is valuable.” It’s hard for them to resist it.

Some resist. We don’t hear from them.

12 Likes

Any androgyny in 80’s metal was purely superficial. At its core, it was a hypermasculine (and heavily mysogynistic) scene. Lots of long hair, from the beginning, but not feminine. Even Twisted Sister’s makeup - it was meant to be shocking (like evil clown makeup), not to evoke a gender-bending aesthetic.
Yes, the glam got out of hand later in the decade, but even that was so over-the-top as to be very clear that these were men evoking a (cis-) hypersexualized image. Again, shock value, not actual transvestite behavior.

10 Likes

Except these guys are not trying to be allies. They are trying to deny the existence and humanity of trans people and hurt a whole lot of kids along the way

That is not how an ally acts. An ally who doesn’t have enough information shuts their damned mouth and listens

12 Likes

THIS. (I’ve been reading through the entire thread, but have not chimed in, because I have nothing helpful to add to the discourse, more or less.)

(emphasis mine on the second part of that.)
As a member of the group represented by the “A”, it pleases me when someone does go to the trouble of using the entire string. (Asexual, if anyone was unaware.) We aces get erased/forgotten/ignored more often than not.
I may have problems with stating my thoughts, and I fuck up pretty often in that regard, but I do try my very best to be an ally to everyone in the LGBTQIA+ community.

12 Likes

Really weird to see those two, who arguably pushed the gender bending boundaries in pop-culture a whole bunch, come down on the issue like this. I have a lot of respect for Dee especially.

But I do try to always take the “MRI” approach: “Most Respectful Interpretation” ( that I am able to think of) and saying that - I guess they have this opinion, and voiced it - because they both still felt like men when they dressed up like uh, well… like women.

1 Like

Have we ever stopped to confirm that any of these people consider themselves allies of women in general though? Because imma be honest I never perceived them as such.

When I think “progressive and supportive spaces for marginalized young women” I don’t tend to think “hair rock” but maybe I’ve been misinformed… I did completely miss that scene.

Show Stopper Saturday-[B]DR. ROCKZO THE ROCK N' ROLL CLOWN (Leonard Rockstein) is the lead singer of the clown themed glam-ro

14 Likes

I wonder why?

15 Likes

I’ve heard the outspoken Jews were also kind of unforgiving, inflexible, and opinionated when asked about their stances on certain people in the late thirties, early forties.
:roll_eyes:

21 Likes

On the issue of human rights… yeah, we kind of are. I take pride in that and wish that more people did not find the basic humanity of others to something that can and should be debated. We’d probably have far less problems in our world if we could all agree that human beings deserve a bare minimum of rights that should be protected.

If that makes me an asshole, then I’ll be an asshole. I’m sick of elininationist rhetoric against trans people (among other things happening right now), and the people who claim to be allies, saying that maybe there is something to that, and the position of trans rights are human rights is some sort extremeist view. It’s not.

14 Likes

If only they’d agreed with their oppressors, then the Nazis might not have genocided them! /s

18 Likes

Time for this again, FFS.

13 Likes