Democrat Doug Jones beats cowboy cosplay creep Roy Moore in Alabama senate race

They couldn’t have imagined this would have happened, though - the south has been the solid south for the past couple of decades, if not more, at least for national and state-wide elections. It’s a really remarkable outcome. Right up until I saw the news, I was sure Moore was going to win.

17 Likes

Agreed, no way he’s that stoic about this. His entire sense of self-worth is based on his image of being a “winner,” and he just backed two consecutive losers in the same special election.

32 Likes

tumblr_olvrh5Pm861upewaxo1_500

17 Likes

OMG! The Cheat is not dead?!

I’m so glad The Cheat is not dead.

10 Likes

I didn’t put it together that Trump is a double loser. What a loser!

Also, it’s not only the (sort of) grace in loss that shows he’s not the author of the tweet, it’s the complete sentences that can actually be diagrammed.

13 Likes

And both candidates were supposed to be a sure thing! If anything Trump’s campaigning may have hurt them, even in one of the reddest states in the country. That’s gotta sting.

13 Likes

Right! You see, people didn’t vote for the other guy. They voted against Roy Moore. By voting for the other guy. It makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

7 Likes

This is great news, but… almost half of them still voted for a child molester, and they’re not going anywhere. My faith in humanity is… not doing so hot.

Why do I get the feeling he lost because he wasn’t quite horrible enough for some voters?

10 Likes

Word is not. He wants a recount, despite the margin being 3x the threshold.

Because God ordained his win, so this must be wrong and the work of the devil to shake the faith of the believers.

I wish I was joking. But that is essentially the message his team is sending.

17 Likes

The Cheat is forever!

cheat-look-good

8 Likes

As a demonstration:

https://twitter.com/williamcson/status/940792119752577026

Those two are fairly representative of LeftPoC Twitter today. There are very many similar posts to be found if you look for them.

It’s good that Moore lost. But don’t think for a second that this means that the people of Alabama, of any color, are happy with the current Democratic Party.

31 Likes

The real losers here are mall security guards across Alabama

11 Likes

Hoo-fucking-ray!!

3 Likes

Sir I will … not take your bet, but put up five dollars US of my own for the same bet. So we have ten crisp dollars US riding on the outcome set forth above if only we can get a counter-party.

6 Likes

No way… Moore actually lost?

*goes to check other sources

ETA:

*comes back

Well shut my mouth “and call me Susan…” so he did.

Just when you think all is lost, suddenly there’s a glimmer of sanity… and then something else batshit crazy happens.

24 Likes

In other words, “My team would have won if only they’d scored more points than the other guys.”

15 Likes

This is a state where Jeff Sessions kept winning and he’s equally horrible. He even ran unopposed in 2014.

5 Likes

In other news, the Alabama Department of Tourism, which was coming out with its new “Alabama is for Lovers!” campaign, is breathing a sigh of relief tonight…

6 Likes
33 Likes
18 Likes