Democrat John Fetterman wins PA senate race in first major election call. It's midnight and there's no red wave

I feel your pain, I really do. Our Democratic candidate for Congress was, IMHO, a “businessman” with multiple failures, bankrupcies and scandals in his past (sound familiar?) who was rich enough to buy his way into office fund his own campaign. Fortunately my district was safely blue enough that I could throw my vote to the Workers’ Party candidate without risking the seat falling to a Republican, because I could not in good conscience support the shitweasel. I can only hope my bad opinion of him proves to be wrong… but I don’t have much faith in that happening.

11 Likes

More like he feels the cold draft of possible indictments, and we all know how he feels about drafts.

10 Likes

18 Likes

… meaning, like, an anti-CRT nut?

5 Likes

I live and work in some deep red parts of Ohio, and as much as I like Tim Ryan, I really wish we’d had someone like Fetterman to stick it to Vance.

I knew the guy was a class act before, but the moment that absolutely stole my heart was when he officiated a small backyard wedding ceremony for some of my friends during the pandemic. They asked if they could get him anything for performing the wedding. His answer: “A bag of funyuns for my wife.”

9 Likes

Meaning “CRT IS DESTOYING OUR CHILDREN!!” and such delusional bullshit. Did i mention he is a preacher?

6 Likes

I just posted that in the election thread… love it.

4 Likes

right, so he’s against CRT then

whereas a “gun nut” is for guns

4 Likes

English…

karen walker comedy GIF by Will & Grace

4 Likes

It wasn’t much of a shock to those of us living here. Ryan basically ran a campaign that would only appeal to weird centrist media figures and not anyone who has put tens of seconds of thought into who votes blue in Ohio. The Dems tend to be strongest with black voters, young voters, and women. While his recent abortion track record is decent, lots of us remember his pro-forced birth stance up to 2015. He came out against the student loan relief and bail reform. Then his big billboard ad push in the deepest blue part of the state was how popular he is with rural Republicans. It turns out telling your base they don’t matter is not the best strategy. Combine it with a state party that’s been in shambles for a while and it was always an uphill fight.

5 Likes

Unless he’s pro pretending CRT is a thing in K-12 education, which it isn’t.

7 Likes

My brother sent me a few today in a day of emotional support that is exactly the tonal opposite of our text-fest in November of 2016. I’ve got a Boebert one to post over on the other thread when it won’t jinx us…

5 Likes

Here, have another!

(anti-jinx blur)

12 Likes

There will be much rejoicing when that comes to pass! And since spoiler blurring prevents jinxing…

10 Likes

Sigh… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes
14 Likes

Yeah, it looked kind of tired old middle-of-the-road. Solid in its day, but not good in our bizarro influencer world against a J.D. Vance and Thiel money.

DramaticTim

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.