Democrats will 'abolish' suburbs, lie Mark & Patricia McCloskey of St. Louis, who pointed guns at BLM protesters

Another version I saw.

12 Likes

Solarpunk is the future. Tear up those manicured lawns and grow plants suitable for the local environment.

14 Likes

Always remember: in 2008 Republicans were saying Obama would make the economy worse, we would have 9/11-sized attacks every month, conservatives would be thrown into FEMA camps, and Obama Youth Squads would go around taking everyone’s guns.

So if your crazy uncle starts repeating these RNC talking points about a “woketopia”, or eradicating the police and suburbs, remind him of what they said about Obama in 2008.

3 Likes

I’m uncomfortable with how the “liberal” attitude towards suburbs interacts with race, in the sense that that disdain for suburbs seems to rely on gentrification for an alternative. I’m not saying that I don’t think suburbs should be phased out but it should be done in such a way that the less affluent who moved to the suburbs for better houses and better schools aren’t abandoned and left behind.

I could not watch that hot mess. I did read elsewhere, though, that the McCloskey’s key message was that if Biden/Harris are elected, the day may come when they can’t shoot black people from their front porch.

15 Likes

Seriously though, his die hard “base” are primarily small town LMC voters.
Yeah, he MAY pick up a few actual suburban fence sitters, but those with any brains will realize this is the party of “Let’s Beat The Wall of Moms”

5 Likes

At this rate there’s a good chance the next RNC will have to be held in a prison.

4 Likes

Oh, the horror, it’s gonna be:

10 Likes

So you are annoyed that racist messages about redlining and de facto segregation of suburbs are being pointed out?

Suburbs have actually gotten more diverse because gentrification and bluelining have displaced working and middle class people from city centers. Not that Trumpies would notice, given that white supremacy is practically their sole reason for existence.

7 Likes

Heroes of racists and people who are disdainful of firearm safety.

The guns were real. Guns look like toys but they kill people when used.

2 Likes

Their neighbors must have been pissed off. All it took was careless actions and bullets would be flying at them.

1 Like

I’ve lived in suburbs most of my life. A Whitey Fortress mansion in a gated community is not suburbs.

8 Likes

Those rich folks think McMansions == Suburbs, they do not consider the working-class 2-or-3 bedroom single-family home neighborhoods on 1/2 acre lots to be suburbs. Because those have a lot of non-whites and non-rich people living in them.

2 Likes

My motto is “Never pull a gun unless you intend to shoot”.

Like a scene from the Fall of Saigon '75.

Hey Oboo_San. Got pics?

Perhaps it’s time to remind you that the “crazy uncle” and his 2nd-amendment-loving cohort were the only things standing in the way of Obama & Pelosi & Jade Helm steamrolling over our freedoms.

</sarcasm>
3 Likes

No, I’m concerned at there being an argument against suburbs based on cultural and environmental factors that may not take into account how those policies effect minority communities in the suburbs.

The people who are saying “They want to destroy the suburbs!” are obviously wanting to scare stupid people and should be ignored and voted out of office. The people saying “Why do we actually need suburbs?” are largely right but it bothers me that they are only saying this clearly now that poor people and minorities have been shifted out of the inner cities and into the suburbs.

Usually the arguments against suburbs have to do with land use, environmental impact, and mass transit issues. Some suburbs are still set up specifically to exclude poor/minorities. Usually by having mass transit systems that do not cover reasonable levels of commuter. The Atlanta suburbs are a perfect example of this. People have been saying this sort of thing for over a generation. It is not only saying now sort of thing.

5 Likes