Derek Chauvin, the cop who murdered George Floyd, is stabbed in federal prison

How terrible.

/s

What’s really disturbing is how many things you could replace “prison” with in that sentence. For many of the same reasons.

I don’t think even the worst inmates should fear for their lives inside prison, but I’m also pretty sure this sort of thing happens more often than anyone would like to admit. We just heard about this one because it happened to a particularly newsworthy white man.

7 Likes

Yeah, agreed. The only other option is making their ideology toxic to a large enough percentage of the population that they can’t get enough people into office to represent them, and their attempts to force their views on others via violence are taken seriously enough by law enforcement that they get arrested for it, and it gets treated like a systemic problem rather than a “lone wolf” problem…

5 Likes

Nor do I, but neither do I feel an iota of sympathy for the person who was wounded.

That said, I do believe this is yet another prime example of how horrific our prison system is in the US, and the status quo is NOT ‘okay.’

Gee, thanks for using my people to score meaningless points in your petty arguments.

Personally, I really don’t appreciate anyone attempting to use us Black folks as a shield, token, pawn, or an excuse for expressing their own shitty opinions.

9 Likes

Not far behind the evil that is for-profit healthcare is for-profit prisons.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.