DeSantis refuses to help protect the U.S. Capitol and President during State of the Union address

I’m just not willing to give into the mindset that we need to treat the political opposition (or people who just happen to live in red states) like trash because they do the same.

7 Likes

Absolutely-- I agree with you. (My comment was meant to be a “yes-and” to yours, sorry if that was unclear.)

Given gerrymandering and other political shenanigans, it’s hard to say anyone is truly represented by their elected officials. (I can still remember how awful I felt when trump was in office-- I sure as hell didn’t vote for him.)

And no matter how a person votes, they’re still human, inherently worthy of aid and compassion. If we throw that knowledge away (as so many Republican politicians seem to have done), we don’t defeat them-- we become them. I don’t want to do that.

5 Likes

So was mine, if that was unclear!

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

mood GIF

We are in violent agreement! :laughing:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Oh yeah. American politics are hard to follow for Americans. If someone in another country hasn’t subjected themselves to reading/hearing about the vile/amoral/unethical creeps wanting to turn our country in to their private bank account, they should be glad.

5 Likes

This is the political equivalent of “that hostage-taker thinks he has the upper hand now, but let’s see how he feels after we let the hostages die”. DeSantis isn’t gambling with his own anything.

7 Likes

Hmm. No FEMA or federal flood insurance for you!

(I know, it’s a bad idea, the governor isn’t the people…)

They pay 100% of the cost of relocation up front, to go with the 100% chance of sea level rise?

Yeah. Exactly. Let’s not deny people support for situations they can’t control. FFS.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.