Diana Rigg, 1938–2020

Not the Queen of Sin!!!

9 Likes

A part of me just died, too. I grew up with The Avengers. And I loved seeing her more recently in The Detectorists and this last week she was on TV in the UK in the new remake of ‘All Creatures Great and Small’.

(I don’t know how many episodes she recorded, but in the original her character was intermittently included in the odd storyline, so if it gets a second series they may have to recast or exclude that character and those storylines.)

15 Likes

And I loved seeing her more recently in The Detectorists

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

…and this last week she was on TV in the UK in the new remake of ‘All Creatures Great and Small’.

Waaaah! I had no idea that had been remade. Thank you!

11 Likes

And let us not forget her tenure in The Move, ELO, and The Traveling Wilburys:

9 Likes

Episode 2 was on ITV this week. As remakes go (and we all know all the storylines - especially as it is all based on the book) it’s a cut above the norm, I’d say.

1 Like

OK - you are going to have to provide a citation for that image.

2 Likes

That’s big shoes to fill!

4 Likes
10 Likes

Theatre of Blood

13 Likes

She plays Mrs Pumphrey the dotty owner of Tricki-Woo.

8 Likes

Perfection.

3 Likes
15 Likes

Her cat suit is on display at the Spy Museum in Washington, DC.

10 Likes

Detectorists was a great, great show.

11 Likes

I know! I have seen it! (Also an mind-boggling number of things for hiding stuff in your butt)

2 Likes

As a kid, I liked the episode where they are at a toy store for some reason, and fight the bad guys with toys.

I assume a similar episode of Get Smart was a parody.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it? Just perfect. I got teary at the final episode which just wrapped things up so well. I’m ready to move to Surrey and buy a metal detector and maybe even a TR7 (or maybe not).

5 Likes

Maybe the old Code of Spying precluded looking there?

1 Like

Maybe it’s like that line from High Fidelity:

"Do I put things up my butt because I’m a spy?

Or did I become a spy because I put things up my butt"

Pretty sure that’s the line.

3 Likes

RIP a truly Grand Dame.

22 Likes