Diana Rigg, 1938–2020

I posted this in the dead celebrity thread, but I’ll post it here, as it’s such a marvelous scene…

Here’s another great scene, too:

And with Charles Dance:

12 Likes
13 Likes

I just remarked on the weirdness of the husband watching The Avengers a room away from what I’m watching currently:

11 Likes

she defined my youthful sexuality and remains a beacon of desire and endless admiration

2 Likes

She was also wonderful as Helena in the very weird and fun 1968 Midsummer Night’s Dream.

(The other actors in this shot are not slouches either.)

8 Likes

Same here; she was my first TV crush, and I still found her mesmerisingly beautiful in Game of Thrones.

Poise and elegance with a strong streak of naughtiness.
She will be sorely missed :cry:

4 Likes

Let us not forget 80s Seattle Band The Allies son Emma Peel

4 Likes

Sir Ian Holm as Puck if I recall. Good times.

5 Likes

God I’m feeling old.

2 Likes

there is a picture showing how to sit on the back of a sofa in a mini skirt

2 Likes

Just gonna throw this out here: if you feel like saying something here that would get you kicked out of a funeral, maybe don’t?

6 Likes

No.

People are welcome to their opinions here, even if they are disrespectful to the “memory” of the deceased.

There is a huge difference between an opinion shared civilly, as with Cory’s article, and plain being rude, though.

2 Likes

The latter is what I was referring to.

For instance, “I never did like that SOB,” wouldn’t have gotten one kicked out of a funeral in my family. Being inappropriate about the deceased would have, most likely forcibly.

6 Likes

Objectifying the deceased would probably make people think twice about inviting.

Yes she was beautiful and elegant and associated with style but I remember reading Medea and thinking “ow wow, I wish I could have seen her perform that”. And the clips from Game of Thrones above remind you of just how good that show could be. And how in all the hate given to the final series I haven’t heard (but maybe it’s a common opinion) that too much weight was placed on the shoulders of young actors that just couldn’t bear it? Diana Rigg though, her role is so much better than the books in great part because she brought so much to it. I think was beside myself watching her sparring with Lena Headey and Nathalie Dormer.

6 Likes

Thanks for that. Just watched it all. Magnificent. Her wink at the end was wonderful.

1 Like

We watched this, over the weekend. A friend said she’d read both Rigg and Price describe it as among their favorite works. It’s obviously written for Vincent Price, as he gets to play a murderous ham actor, but she proves well apt for the role of his murderous ham actor daughter!

In America, it’s streaming freely via Hoopla, and a public library card: https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/12211385

5 Likes

Shout out to @Tamsin_Bailey and @Mangochin for the great links to pictures. And @ChuckV for helping me to remember which Vincent Price movie she was in. I was always confusing it with “The Abominable Doctor Phibes”. What a great actress she was. :sleepy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.