Dickhead's anti-yoga-pants letter to the editor sparks yoga-pants-parade

WHITE AND GOLD!

8 Likes

You horrible person! I feared (:wink:) asking this question because i knew someone would reference that controversy that destroyed families and communities. And YOU had to bring back that pain!

5 Likes

painbringer is one of my many nicknames

5 Likes

There’s a Halloween costume for that.

12 Likes

Did you miss the posts about how the song is about how women in general, not her as a performer, are not for your entertainment. Like many songs, she is inhabiting a character in the song who is not actually Pink.

10 Likes

Are you saying that if I don’t see it, it doesn’t matter?

2 Likes

Half-shaved bob?

2 Likes

Probably not. :slight_smile: Maybe a shorter layered style. I haven’t decided yet.

3 Likes

Jeggings is the word the cool kids us…

2 Likes

8 Likes

My apologies. I was making light of her abilities as a performer and singer, not her as a woman. No woman is here merely to be anyone’s entertainment, but I find it a little disingenuous when celebrities try to take that tone. I personally think that as a mediocre artist she takes up the mantle of feminism mostly to increase her own profile, but that’s merely my opinion.

No need to apologize. You’ve done nothing wrong really, other than ignore the upthread conversation… we’ve all done that! :wink:

So are celebrities always being disingenuous when staking out political positions in their work for things that personal affect them? Is this true of someone like Fela Kuti or Kathleen Hannah? It’s only a real political statement when it doesn’t make any money? Where is the line? Personal tastes in music or somewhere else?

4 Likes

Not at all. But some are much more convincing than others as to their motivations for doing so. I admit to having an anti-celebrity bias, regardless of sex, but again, that’s just me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.