Dickhead's anti-yoga-pants letter to the editor sparks yoga-pants-parade

Which is often sexist… which is actually the whole point of all of this.

Thanks for the clarity, but I didn’t assume otherwise. I will stick to my guns about this (meaning the post, not what you’re saying) being a form of sexism and misogyny, especially aimed at older women.

12 Likes

That tangent was already laid to rest twice over, and lucky me, I’m still here; “miraculously.”

So can we move on already, before my ‘luck’ runs out?

Start a new offshoot post about policing other people’s fashion choices and whether that’s “okay” if need be…

9 Likes

You could host a party where whoever wants to can wear yoga pants and he I mean they won’t be judged for it. Just an idea.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but personally I don’t host parties; I’m much better at being a considerate guest.

:slight_smile:

And once you’ve been to a clothing optional food orgy, all other themes seem rather passé.

:wink:

7 Likes

10 Likes

Added to my bucket list.

7 Likes

Hey, I was in my 20’s at the time, and so was everyone else who was present.

(I left well before anyone got too naked or too physically unappealing.)

The food was good though, and you can’t be mad at a party where the doobs are in constant rotation, whether “you put in on that” or not.

:wink:

6 Likes

10 Likes

This springs to mind a question; if a party with a disproportionate amount of males is a sausage party, then what is a party with more females present than males called?

3 Likes

The internet says clam bake. Or taco party.

11 Likes

Looks comfy, but I’m more of an AH MEN man…

Edit: never realized how much I NEED a terrycloth hooded jumpsuit

14 Likes

It has cooled off outside and so I thought I’d wear a hat while my daughter and I ran an errand on Saturday. I put on a newsboy cap and my daughter (who’s just turned 8) said “I think you’re going to embarrass yourself.”

I put on a cheap fedora and asked, “how about now?”

“I think you’re going to embarrass yourself even more.”

“Are you sure that I’m not just embarrassing you?”

“No, you’re the one wearing the hat.”

12 Likes

Did you say “Ah Men?”

7 Likes

Looks cozy, until you need to completely undress to use the bathroom.

9 Likes

It sounds like living in a co-op – not the one I lived in (I wasn’t a vegan), but part of the same organization.

2 Likes

Fashion is not supposed to be easy!

9 Likes

Pics or it… no, forget that.

8 Likes

Very astute of you; that’s exactly the type of venue it was, and the people hosting the party were totally in the official vegetarian co-op.

(I also lived in a different house within the same system.)

4 Likes

Wait, you mean “exactly” that it was a co-op, or exactly that particular co-op? If the latter, then mind blown!

(I lived in French House and the main office took a dim view of us.)

EDIT: Oh gracious, I just checked their page which says “we also like to host bi-annual food orgies.”

4 Likes

Exactly as in it was also a Co-Op, not that it was the exact same one; I’ve never lived in TX, and if I have anything to say about it, I never will.

Our particular house had similar issues with the admin.

6 Likes