Dickhead's anti-yoga-pants letter to the editor sparks yoga-pants-parade

I can attest to that!

7 Likes

Yes. Yes it does…

2 Likes

You don’t have to go to an actual class. Practice with a YouTube video running, or one of the million free yoga apps available. Just, go slow and don’t force anything, because you won’t have an instructor there to make sure you’re in good alignment.

5 Likes

If I had any self motivation I’d at least do a push up or two. I really am my own worst enemy.

6 Likes

I’ve been using the Gorilla app which was profiled here. At least, I was up until a certain point in Level 2 (about 17 days or so): 5 sets of 25 crunches and 10 pushups. I couldn’t do 2 sets of crunches (the 2 sets of pushups were OK). I can’t do the number of sets it suggests, at least not in a reasonable amount of time. I’ve reached this point before, and started over at Level 1, when I waited too long and figured I’d best not pick up where I left off. I quit running because of knee and ankle pain, so it’s been Gorilla and daily walking for me.

1 Like

Hawt! Where do I buy? Especially love those blue black diagonal ones!

2 Likes

Except that she literally is here for our entertainment.

Also, I’m not entertained and would like a refund.

Your concerns have been hashed out extensively upthread and shown illegitimate.

You’d know that if you read any of the previous replies to my comment.

10 Likes

##Must. Resist. Temptation…

12 Likes

It’s the “again” that hits the target. How many times must a woman walk down this road, spending too much energy justifying clothing choices? Apparently just one more. And one more. To infinity and beyond! If she hadn’t worn this, or if she would just wear this, or if she could just wear this … If we seem overly angry, or defensive, or irrational, then walk a mile in our yoga pants, defending again and again and again clothing choices.

I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear my yoga pants and fuck you.

23 Likes

There’s a damn good reason that “Warning” (popularly known by it’s first line: “When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple”) is such a beloved poem.

12 Likes

I’m fast on my way to old woman status and I. can’t. wait.

13 Likes

"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple. "

~by Jenny Joseph

21 Likes

I’ll see you and up you one. My favorite pic of DragonCon, which I shared elsewhere, but deserves more attention:

18 Likes

Fabulous!

5 Likes

I fully intend to spend my retirement super on piercings, tatts and multi-coloured hair-dye. :thumbsup:

12 Likes

I got a haircut today and suddenly you can see a HUGE chunk of gray hair on top of my head. I’m delighted. I can’t wait for it all to go. I want that witchy Carol Kane look going on.

11 Likes

17 Likes

1 Like

I grew mine out and liked the gray enough to keep it… at least until I get bored enough to dye it again. It’s weird how many compliments I’ve gotten over it. I’ve got a half-decent pic from my cousin’s wedding last month:

The only thing is, the gray is harder to tame. I may need a different haircut to control it better.

17 Likes