Dirty #NunesMemo trick worked: 3 out of 4 Trump voters now believe FBI biased against Trump

This just in: 3 our of 4 Trump voters now believe “facts” are biased against "Trump."

3 Likes

Is this really that surprising? Mind you, my perspective is one of a foreigner in a faraway land, who is removed from daily life in the US.

But my general impression of the different branches and institutions is that FBI are dicks. Who wear suits. When they turn up, they hinder and even endanger hard-working local cops who are trying to solve a murder, citing federal priority. There are exceptions, of course. But in those situations, the FBI or similar-Appearing fictive organizations, are usually also of the pew-pew bang-bang kind.

Blue Lives Matter has been…
Does Fox not carry a polite cough as top-line news anymore? SOULD[LT]-- DEW NOUGHT UZ

What memo did they somehow get? No possibility it’s TFA that Derwin Nunez cobbled, surely.
It’s a proper bias, it should exist, but 59% of Trump Voters disapprove of the null output plus derpspin which is not adequate nihilism to that I demand of my worst people but fine; do they anticipate this filtering through Congress in some ironic fashion where RT win exclusive indiction coverage against tolerance and public duty of officials?

Pres. NOT allowed to launch trash barges into Ontario. Congressional consent loop? Illegal! Also loose NASA rockets far too few.
FBI illegally preventing from ordering balrog to force USA Quality Wall build by MX citizens for TX and ID. Unfair! Whip=Quality

4 Likes

No way, pew-pew, bang-bang types are overwhelmingly local police-types. FBI, while not perfect, have a higher standard.

2 Likes

we don’t pay attention to the polls. we know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in “reality”.

and reality has a well known liberal bias.

3 Likes

In fairness, while that’s my opinion too, I think that’s also due to the nature of their jobs: FBI agents aren’t driving around in patrol cars looking for or responding to crimes in progress, which is where it seems cops murder most people.

1 Like

Only 3 out of 4 Tumpy supporters? That it?

February 2 - 4, 2018 - 1000 US Adults

Oh, I see the issue: it wasn’t an Internet poll, RU employees weren’t allowed their say.

5 Likes

Flash. 70% of all American don’t give a rat’s ass what Trump voters think. Indeed it would be generous to label Trump/Jim Jones voters as capable of rational thought.

1 Like

Unfair, Jim Jones had an interest in helping African-Americans!

It is my impression that the American mainstream doesn’t see those as murders. At best as “unfortunate accidents” caused, ultimately, by the victims themselves, because they lived under suspicious circumstances.

I’m talking about entertainment media here. And the git of what I see is that hard-hitting pew-pewing cops are mostly portrayed positively and that this extends to FBI agents (and similar-styled fictional institutions). It’s usually the boring suit-wearing FBI investigator who are pricks and who don’t get their hands dirty by honest work.

Even “The Silence of The Lambs” ended with the FBI heroine in an armed showdown with the Buffalo.

Ignorance gave birth to stupid and there is a cure for ignorance. Its just not capitalism and inequality.

2 Likes

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it.

1 Like

Is that perspective mostly formed from repeated viewings of Die Hard?

ETA:

oh, ok. yeah.

3 Likes

The only thing that matter is what you do about it. You need to move the right to your position.

Like it or not, mass entertainment and public attitudes reflect and reinforce each other.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, that was just the only example of the FBI being idiot gunslinging cowboys that I could think of, and it always sticks out to me as an aberration in popular presentations of the FBI. Depending on the perspective of a movie/show they are usually filling one of two roles, either the distant, more experienced, smarter organization taking over an investigation from corrupt/incompetent local police, OR the distant, pushy, arrogant, stuffed-shirt jerks stealing an investigation from local cops who actually know what’s going on on the ground (as you mentioned).

In the case of Trump voters, I’m sure there’s a bit of “Constitutional Sheriff” going on here, which is the extreme version of the latter.

2 Likes

The first image of the FBI that popped into my mind after your Die Hard pic was Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs.

1 Like

5 out’a 4 tRumpers are winning! Yuge! Bigly!

I think the next question is, if the FBI are biased against Trump (either institutionally or at an individual level) is this a bad thing? It’s their job to be biased against criminals, after all.

3 Likes

POLL: Most Americans believe FBI is biased against Al Capone

6 Likes