Doctor who said vaccines magnetize people gets her license suspended

1 Like

Because there were no ‘magnetizing vaccine’ trick questions to out her.

2 Likes

DOs tend to gravitate to primary care, and some of the best p3diatricians i know are DOs. Yeah, let’s not tar them with this shit. Unfortunately, antivax is pretty much baked into chiropractic from the word go. There are some who have rejected that, but at least here, they are the minority. Which is sad, because i actually think they do a better job with low back pain than we do. But the amount of woo built into the field… I have often heard them claim to be able to cure asthma, allergies, ear infections, even diabetes, with spinal manipulation. When they start urging new moms to bring their newborns in for manipulation, they can fuck right off.

15 Likes

To me, that falls under “scamming”. Aren’t there state and fed laws targeting such claims?

2 Likes

I tangentially know someone who claims to have cured her friend’s cancer with reiki. I’d have been ruder to her than politely disengaging and walking away, but it was at the wake of a very dear friend and I didn’t want to cause a scene.
(My gf’s daughter’s now ex partner caused a scene by being a horrible controlling jerk to her -at her friend’s wake, but then he fell in the canal and nearly drowned, so that was good)

4 Likes

The pandemic has debunked the myth of the intelligence of those who have a university degree. A lot of people managed to get into university and talk a lot of nonsense.

4 Likes

Nonsense! Only homeopathy can do It.

Using one of these, right?

1 Like

Maybe she is a doctor of magnetics

3 Likes

But despite how politically polarizing vaccines are, the science is irrefutable, and any mentally competent person with scientific and medical training would simply be unfazed by the controversies.

So I think this comes down to the fact that Dr. Tenpenney is obviously mentally incompetent to engage in such a profession.

4 Likes

And was Rand Paul a classmate?

2 Likes

So Dr. Tenpenny wants to determine why unvaccinated people are getting sick?

2 Likes

I think they were making a joke. Polarizing. Magnetic.

5 Likes

Puns are something of an obsession around here.

4 Likes

It’s that damn roller back massage machine. If I could just afford to have one in my apartment. /s

1 Like

All that time you could’ve spent hanging on the refrigerator…

1 Like

Stupid

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad. Neither can he…

5 Likes

good point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best description of chiropractic that I’ve heard is, “The few legitimate things they do are also done by others” (namely real doctors, physical therapists, massage therapists, etc). I think they are a net loss to health and reason. The few good things they do are vastly out-weighed by the fact that they are a major force for woo that has achieved mainstream acceptance and legitimacy. This is immensely damaging.

10 Likes