Dog steps on rifle, firing it and inadvertantly killing owner

That chart tells me that if I must be with a dog and a loaded, unattended firearm, my best bet is to be on a boat in Florida.
Useful info.

13 Likes

I bet the media wouldn’t be covering the story that way if it had been an Afghan Hound.

18 Likes

Cannot tell you how amused I am to see that despite only 4 columns used to differentiate the data, one is devoted to “Happened in Florida”.

17 Likes

i’m surprised they’re not calling it a “dog involved shooting” :confused:

8 Likes

Yeah, they seem a little too quick to characterize it as a hunting-related accident (if there was a jack in the truck, maybe it was an auto-repair related accident? /s). It seems like they are trying to quickly divert the story away from more problematic lines of inquiry about the gun owner, or the driver, or why a loaded gun was sitting loose in the truck bed… It makes me wonder what they are diverting attention from. Does the sheriff know the men and is protecting them? Were they warned in the past about their behavior? Was the hunting gear placed there to make it look like they were hunting, but they had more nefarious ideas in mind? It’s almost like they don’t want anything looked at more closely.

8 Likes

Man gets Cheney’d by man’s best friend… some friend!

5 Likes

Wow, this is a country music mega-hit waiting to be written!

5 Likes

Data analysis FTW!

3 Likes

That’s always the passive voice used in these stories. The media, for whatever reason, insists on framing all such incidents as “unavoidable accidents that could have happened to anyone”.

God forbid we start talking about how maybe having a country flooded with poorly controlled guns isn’t such a great idea because people are careless and emotional.

8 Likes

That ̶w̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ will hunt!

2 Likes

3 Likes

They are doing it for years!

At least they collared the perp.

6 Likes

That’s only because you haven’t seen the “Bad manatees with guns” chart yet.

5 Likes

Ye, I was disappointed the headline didn’t include the phrase “…legally bought/owned…”, like somehow it’s ok that someone or bunch of people were shot cos you know, gun was legit.

2 Likes

It’s terrierism.

Poor little perpper.

8 Likes

ohh, you win.

1 Like

The game has only just started!

1 Like

Like a dog with a bone eh, …or a g…

2 Likes