Don Jr. does horrible job trying to boost dad's approval rating with obviously Photoshopped graphic

056c026d-1c66-4d42-9fae-a8e96df290c5-1020x1102

9 Likes

I need a loved one to buy me that shirt.

3 Likes

At least they replaced “Integrity” with an antonym.

3 Likes

Needs moar Papyrus!

1 Like

…Sad.

1 Like

Some people just have a knack for photoshop.

3 Likes

It’s the same kind of thing a young child might do to a pic. You know, add in an imaginary “boy/girl friend” or try make themselves look a bit better and it’s done with the same level of skill as well.
The problem is that Jr. is 40 years old. This sort of thing from a 40 year old man seems like it could be evidence of a developmental disorder.

I wouldn’t know. WAPO is pay-walled. Who’s got that kind of money? I did a quick google search and it seems like WAPO and Reddit are the only sources for this story and both have a financial incentive to spread this story. It may be true but I’d need a trustworthy source before I’d repeat it.

Apparently me. I subscribe to my local paper (made of paper!), on the theory that journalists are important professionals and deserve to be paid. WAPO online access is included with my subscription.

both have a financial incentive to spread this story. It may be true but I’d need a trustworthy source before I’d repeat it.

You think the WAPO, one of the two remaining newspapers of record in the US, is making up stories like this in order to attract subscriptions?

Here’s the same story, but in the NZ Herald and not paywalled (as far as I can tell):

3 Likes

Not at all. But I’m not paying WAPO to read their report. I did notice that the other newspaper of record (not pay walled) in the US didn’t run the story.

I agree. I simply reject the paywall model.

People who live in the washington dc area? I wouldn’t know, because even though I count as a “local”, the new york times saps my “premium news” budget. That said, there are papers that pretty consistently add to what the AP offers-- new york times, washington post, wall street journal. The AP is where most of the “free” news comes from.

Sometimes your public library can get you past the firewalls, and sometimes “private browsing” mode works.

2 Likes

Delete your Washingtonpost cookies from the browser and you’re good for five articles. (There are other ways, but it’s cheap, dirty, and works for me.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.