Trump lies that Ivanka 'created over 15 million jobs'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/trump-lies-that-ivanka-creat.html

She did not.

5 Likes

Trump lies. that Ivanka ‘created over 15 million jobs’

27 Likes

giphy-2

20 Likes

You’re not a millionaire unless you’ve got a real million bucks to show for it either.

31 Likes

This failure of a president must resign. He killed us.

8 Likes

I don’t think anyone wants a monarchy, but how about an anti-monarchy? Do one descended from Trump can be president.

11 Likes

27 Likes

At least he didn’t hit on her again.

Don’t know why $he puts up with it.

5 Likes

If Ivanka created 15M jobs, then Trump must have destroyed ~7M to get to the current numbers…

13 Likes

Okay, I know it’s easy to lose track in the nonstop stream of bullshit spewing forth from this administration, but this specific crazy lie feels really familiar. I swear to God we already went through a thing where Trump claimed Ivanka was somehow responsible for more new jobs than existed in the entire country, and exasperated reporters had to clarify that no, she absolutely was not. Like, this exact thing. Maybe even the exact same numbers. Does anybody else remember this? Is this lie a rerun? Or am I just succumbing to the madness?

26 Likes

I believe it’s based on her (tenuous, no doubt) association with some job training/placement effort.

6 Likes

A few years ago.
I think the consensus was that if Ivanka had created 15 million jobs then they were only for Chinese kids sewing in sweatshops.

40 Likes

The dictator rises. When will he announce the cancellation of the 2020 election?

1 Like

Indeed, I’m relieved to find that I wasn’t imagining it, it seems to be something of an old chestnut.

7 Likes

she did too, and you know it

I’m not sure she even created jobs in China or Bangladesh-- the factories that make her clothes would be making clothes for some other corporate entity if not Ivanka-- the jobs existed before her and would probably still exist without her business.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I hope the eventual outcome of this king sized clusterfuck of a Presidency is that nobody related to that bloviating turd will ever find another job in politics. The “Trump” name should be radioactive for a few generations at least. I doubt that will be the case based on how many people in this country are willing to toss themselves at his feet. But I can hope.

As for their lies, OF COURSE THERE ARE 15 MILLION JOBS “CREATED” BY THIS LOIN FRUIT! And we’ve always been at war with COVID-19. Their reality is malleable for as long as the people tolerate it.

I ran across this song, and I feel it should be Trump’s anthem:

10 Likes

It looks like he most recently said this 6 weeks ago.

7 Likes

Coal miners … What?

Steel workers … What?

Farmers … What?

Cattlemen … What?

Fancy Gym Owners … Yeah, she was in here last night. Tipped the towel guy too.

9 Likes