Don Trump, Jr. rails against "Democrat governor" of Texas

tell the truth here …you chuckled, snorted and giggled all the way through this didn’t you?

11 Likes

fauxoutrage

That’s not how portemonteaus work, you idiot.

11 Likes

[perhaps portmanteaux?]

13 Likes

I can’t help but feel this is a deliberate “mistake,” like how Fox routinely misidentifies scandal-mired Republicans as “Democrats” on their shows. Just part of the continuous disinformation campaign to blame everything on their “enemies,” knowing that there are enough low (no-) information voters out there who will buy it.

17 Likes

Maybe if she hadn’t spent so much time making PSAs for Alamo Drafthouse, she could have fixed this.

9 Likes

Jr. talks like his father. He skips over saying out loud the really important parts of his thoughts, so it often sounds like complete nonsense. You need a diagram to follow the logic, but it’s kind of a fun game to try.

3 Likes

I’m not sure the ghost of Ann Richards couldn’t have done a better job with Texas during the storm(s) than the current shit-show.

7 Likes

I reluctantly agree. In fact the left’s “weaponizing” of his quote is being used to demonstrate to the right audiences “how the left weave lies”.

Unfortunately this is another example where I think the left’s zealotry is exposed.

3 Likes

*sighs

This was the tweet:

Whether he meant the TX gov or Cuomo is irrelevant to me; it’s still bad faith whataboutism and Cruz is still a horrid excuse for a person.

Again, I’m really tired of hearing about this loathsome fucker; he needs to be ‘over’ already.

50 Likes

Because we certainly haven’t learned that they will make things up whole cloth just as easily. Better continue to tone police ourselves into oblivion just in case. :roll_eyes:

How many assaults on the capitol do you need before you consider that maybe, maybe, maybe the “left’s zealotry” is not really the central problem here?

41 Likes

Maybe when there’s nothing left of society but ashes and smoldering rubble…

18 Likes

I don’t know. I think there is a contingent that will go down weeping about what could have been, if only we had been just a little bit more understanding to the fascists. I can’t believe I had to hear nonsense about how “diplomacy is appeasement and appeasement is always wrong” for years about petty dictators like Hussein, only to have the idea completely dropped the moment actual Nazis started showing up in the news again.

32 Likes

If the rest of society has fallen, then I don’t imagine that anyone else who survives will want to hear that bullshit, frankly.

19 Likes

But if the left were just a smidge nicer to violent insurrectionists, then maybe they wouldn’t BE violent and stage insurrections and be racist and misogynistic and transphobic and religious bigots, etc, etc… They MADE them do it by not giving them everything they want all the time! Did you ever think of that? Hippie!!! /s

star trek facepalm GIF by HULU

35 Likes

So…Texas?

Biden declares major disaster in Texas

President also very concerned about power outages.

11 Likes

Not to mention appearing on King of the Hill!

3 Likes

The insufferable dipshit IS some kind of wonderful, I guess.

2 Likes

Wait… isn’t that what the president SHOULD do? Declare a state of emergency so the Fed can provide assistance?

14 Likes

So then don’t.

He is a vile piece of shit that has been given more in his life than everyone in this thread will ever earn combined.

He neither deserves nor needs you to be his internet defender. If you fell in a ditch he’d throw rocks at you. He doesn’t care about you.

There are countless groups and individuals that have never been given anything. That are under constant attack. That would never raise a fist or word to warm you. That desperately do need allies. How about putting this wasted energy into just one of them rather than another “Aktually…” post?

22 Likes

Yes the zealotry of understanding what words mean and how they are meant to be arranged. Him memeing poorly mid sentence and making a reference so obscure that you have to write a paragraph to justify a couple words is worthy of being joked about.

On the other hand, requiring “the left” to have a weird translation manual to somehow build a pretty extreme right-wing suitable narrative for the words said is creating a hilarious standard for discourse. Maybe we can just point out that when you are defending a senator from Texas and in the same sentence reference the media not covering “governors who ignore executive orders” the default assumption will always be that you are speaking about Texas and not your political opponents. Especially when Abbott also “ignores executive orders” and someone with comprehensive knowledge of the news would also know that.

There’s literally no reason to not make fun of Jr saying what he said, and people trying to twist this into a political point against anyone daring to speak out against the unpopular son of an unpopular former president are the problem with discourse - not the other way around.

29 Likes