Donald Trump and his family watch grimly as Ted Cruz refuses to endorse him

Wow, that’s SO unfair of them.

I mean more in the eyes of his true believers. I worded that poorly. I’ve no respect for the man on any level, and certainly don’t trust him. He’s a sort of blob mutant who’ll take any form to advance.

2 Likes

I didn’t intend to be harsh. I firmly believe we would be only slightly less screwed as a nation by a Trump administration than by a Cruz cruise.

4 Likes

You are of course correct, I should perhaps just have written “armaments makers”.

Unlike Palin, not photogenic enough. There’s no long term media mileage in being an unattractive bigot.

4 Likes

Hum, not sure that Farben was involved with armaments per se. But they were vital nonetheless to Germany. Synthetic rubber in particular. Let us not, of course, forget Zyklon B.

Edit: Sometime back, The Texas Observer had a wonderfully weird story about Laredo using Zyklon B on humans, but for the way more benign purpose of (I think) delousing border crossers. Really should look up that piece again. It implied that Germany might have learned of the chemical from this usage.

1 Like

Explosives and propellants.

2 Likes

Ah. Gotcha. I really need to reread The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben, by Joseph Borkin.

1 Like

Ugh, agreed. It’s been weird seeing friends saying “huh, maybe Cruz has learned from his experiences and gotten better as a person?”. NO, he’s a lurking grue who thinks he’s the anointed one and is using words he thinks people want to hear. Just want to make sure it didn’t sound like I was lionizing the man.

4 Likes

We seem to agree that he should be fed to lions.

6 Likes

She’s also (known for being) a one-issue bigot, with that one issue only appealing to old Republicans.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.