Donald Trump asks "Where is the outrage for this Disney book?"

I think the biggest problem with the original tweet isn’t even that he re-tweeted something from white supremacists (jeez, how many times has he done that already), it’s that the man who ran a fake university, was cozy with organized crime figures, sued contractors to avoid paying them, raped his wife, uses his campaign to funnel money into his businesses, and tried to keep donations to a veterans charity is constantly calling Hillary Clinton the “most corrupt candidate ever.”

28 Likes

Does that make you a stickerist and think we should Dexit Disney World? I know, I know, our wallets would be much better off if we refused freedom of movement to Disney World but think of the children.

3 Likes

Or my daughters will leave them on the floor and they will end up stuck to my feet.

7 Likes

… or do they?

From a designer’s point of view:

Having a six pointed star for a call-out box does seem to be an odd design choice for a Dysney sticker book. I wonder why they chose it?

I’m not accusing them of anything malicious, but it’s an inconvenient shape to add text to and it comes with inherent connotations.

It really isn’t that hard to avoid retweeting white supremacists. All the other candidates have managed it somehow. I’m doing it right now!

Yet Donald’s response to accusations of racism on Twitter is to retweet yet ANOTHER white supremacist.

11 Likes

Tim from Marketing: “Make the burst shaped like a snowflake.”

Jim from Design: “Snowflake shapes have lots of voids and frills that will make overlaid type hard to read.”

Tim: “Then make it a snowflake without voids and frills.”

Jim: “You mean a star.”

Tim: “Yeah! Kids love stars.”

Jim (glancing at his watch): “You know what, sure. Sounds good.”

27 Likes

Snowflakes form as six sided structures, and i suppose its just flashier than a hexagon. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 5 sided stars used to advertise stuff all the time too. I suppose the layout artist was only thinking as far as those 2 ideas combined probably.

3 Likes

Probably. Which is odd because Dysney usually over-thinks its advertising,

Every other version of sticker book for this seems to use the snowflake or circle design, so they really had to go digging for it.

3 Likes

Frozen panini? No thanks.

1 Like

Do you mean “context,” or “Con Text”?

(Any idea how many copies he had to buy to get on the “National Bestseller” list?)

13 Likes

I didn’t know Disney hired white supremacists to do their sticker books.

I guess any Frozen images are about the same as a pile of money so there is that.

2 Likes

I wonder, was this sticker book ever on the market, or did someone make this up? Certainly not available now.

2 Likes

There is a group of people somewhere in America who believe that Jews can use sorcery to create snow and ice. I’m sure there is.

10 Likes

It was so cold I nearly froze my panninis off

6 Likes

I did an image search:

The reviews are filled with comedians.

2 Likes

Who do you think was behind the HAARP weather control?

3 Likes

Bernie Sanders tweets:
“The violence that killed Alton Sterling and Philando Castile has become an all too common occurrence for people of color and IT. MUST. STOP.”

Trump tweets:
“Some anti-semitic bullshit about the cover of a children’s book.”

I really don’t need another reason as to why T merely stands for Terrible choice for president. But he continues to give them.

17 Likes

Too bad Sanders isn’t running for president, eh?

3 Likes