Donald Trump is an anti-vaccine autism truther who doesn't understand science

From what I recall, anti-vax beliefs are disturbingly common on both sides of the aisle, but liberal anti-vaxxers tend to be more geographically concentrated than conservative anti-vaxxers, so they are more prone to experience significant outbreaks of preventable disease

2 Likes

I think that animated gif of T-Rump looks like heā€™s saying, "boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing ā€¦ "

1 Like

SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!

Seriously, someoneā€™s gonna have a brain aneurysm reading that.

4 Likes

At this point, and as foreigner, I feel both amused and terrified.

Amused because this Trump looks like he is playing some sort of Deranged Right Wing BINGO and it gets hilariously absurd as it goes on.

Terrified on the perspective of Trum being the next president and me being obliterated in a fit of retarded rage against filthy foreigners.

But mostly amused. BTW, sorry U.S.A., you have my condolences.

11 Likes

Success =/= intelligence

George Bush
Donald Trump
Sarah Palin
Rick Perry

I am sure we could brainstorm some democrats too but it seems to be on the right that I keep hearing this argument. ā€œThey canā€™t be stupid, they are ā€˜successfulā€™!ā€

And then you sit there thinking I am not sure how the person being discussed was smart enough to find their way out of the womb, yet this logical falacy seems to be the excuse of hundreds of thousands of folks who claim to see something that really isnā€™t there.

1 Like

Maybe you shouldnā€™t have put your head there?..

2 Likes

I have to imagine itā€™s a thought process more along the idea that these people have more than me, or have accomplished more than me - so therefore they have to be smarter than me. Obviously it really doesnā€™t work like that, but thatā€™s a pretty simplistic viewpoint to distill it to.

I think Hillary is probably a good bit smarter than BIll, but Bill was super charismatic. I mean, if someone asked you to pick states for people to nominate a president from would you pick Arkansas? I live in the South and I wouldnā€™t.

Iā€™m surprised at how few states have provided Presidents. I say there should be a quota.

No more Californians, Texans, Virginians, Ohioans, Illinoisans or New Yorkers. Itā€™s time for a PNW president.

AHEM

6 Likes

When did the Republican base become the anti-vaxers? I thought that kind of crazy only hit the Dems.

This crazy is a gift that keeps giving to both sides.

People who donā€™t understand evolution, global climate change and the tides also have no grasp of basic medicine and statistics?

SHOCKING!

I think I need to sit down and breathe into this paper bagā€¦ I-Iā€™m just so confused!

ETA:

Hereā€™s an idea. Republican voters are heavily slanted toward authoritarian personality types right? They like being told what to believe by authorities.

So how about this: We get some older grandfatherly type, someone like Pat Robertson, dress them up with a red tie and a flag pin, put that person on TV, and say directly to Republican voters: ā€œWe all care about our families, and an important part of that is getting vaccinated. Vaccinate your children. Itā€™s safe, itā€™s effective, and it protects them from tragic diseases. Donā€™t ask questions. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. And doubting makes Jesus cry. YOU DONā€™T WANT TO MAKE JESUS CRY DO YOU? So, before heading to the ballot box next November, be sure to give your children the important vaccines they need. Make Jesus smile.ā€

Itā€™s gotten to the point where the vaccine-fearful wonā€™t take facts, evidence, science seriously. So we just need to start lying to their stupid fearful asses for their own good, with charismatic figures they like, such as Jesus. Hey, theyā€™ve been lied to about Jesus for thousands of years. Whatā€™s the harm in just keeping it up?

7 Likes

Unfortunately, this thought virus is immune to politics.

1 Like

Lost billions, gifted to him by daddy along with his career.

2 Likes

By legitimizing more rightwing, bircher Republican and Democratic candidates? Sorry, no. I hope for better than Hillary.

1 Like

Yes, he made his bones on the real estate his father bequeathed him in the 70s, as I understand it. I would have taken an idiot to not make money off real estate in the 80s and 90s. But he also pissed away billions in the various bankruptcies heā€™s been involved withā€¦

3 Likes

Heā€™s a billionaire if you include assets, brand value etc.

Heā€™s got <300m available and heā€™s raising fuck all. He canā€™t afford to keep his campaign going indefinitely.

Edit:

From Trump Seriously: On the Trail With the GOP's Tough Guy

Still: Trump, for all his billions, has far less sitting in liquid assets. Bloomberg ran the numbers on his FEC filing and pegged his cash on hand at $70 million; Politico had it closer to $250 million. Either way, it sounds like a lot of money till you factor the per-diem costs of the past couple of presidential cycles. Barack Obama spent about $1.6 million a day at this stage of his first run, in 2007. The price tag may have doubled in the eight years since, though Trump has the cost breaks noted above, so perhaps itā€™ll only run him the million per. But Obama was raising money as fast as he spent it, while Trump is barely bothering to lift a finger. (At last report, heā€™d taken in $100,000, or about five percent of what heā€™s spent already.) Is he really prepared to shell out $30 million a month, and more when the primaries roll around?

4 Likes

Yeah,that part amazes me. When Ross Perot ran his advisors cautioned it would take half a billion. Today it is closer to a billion dollars. Trump is not nearly liquid enough for the long game and not take contributions.

3 Likes

And it is a sick reason I hope he gets the nomination.

1 Like

Youā€™d be surprised by Trumpā€™s golden showers.

2 Likes