Donald Trump is an anti-vaccine autism truther who doesn't understand science

3 Likes

Right, much of that is fully owned by others, who simply pay to license his name. Thankfully, property owners haven’t bothered in recent times to renegotiate due to his dwindling connection to opulance.

1 Like

I’ve heard this argument too many times to count. It’s like no one knows that his dad gave him money, and that a moderately responsible person can maintain wealth like that without going broke.

6 Likes

Yeah… it’s easy to fail up like Trump did in America. All it takes is inheriting lots of money and assets, and you’re set. It has nothing to do with smarts or intellect. Neither does it take smarts to manipulate the media like he’s been doing for decades now… The guy would be a fucking disaster as president, since the primary role of the president as the head of the executive is head of the armed forces and public face of foreign policy. The man would be an absolute disaster in that regard.

5 Likes

Is there ANY regard in which he would not be an absolute disaster?

9 Likes

True enough… but given the role the executive plays in foreign policy, and the very real problems going on in Europe, the Middle East, with the Chinese economy… can you imagine how a Trump presidency would just be the right jenga piece that brings the whole thing tumbling down?

3 Likes

I can imagine Trump repeatedly insulting Putin to his face until Trump eventually dares him to launch a nuke at us. Which Putin will do, just to spite us.

Both leaders of the world’s two largest superpowers having skin about as thick as gold leaf seems like a fucking bad situation.

6 Likes

You don’t think Trump Steaks was a disaster?

4 Likes

Also, closed borders for people, open borders for capital. Not to mention full backing to Israel, and back tracking on our Iran deal. But we’ll continue giving the Saudis conciliatory hand jobs, natch.

4 Likes

Those are much lower steaks than world destruction.

#Bah-dump CSHHHH

######I’ll just see myself out.

6 Likes

Again from the RS article:

He’s called for immediate tax hikes on hedge-fund profits; tax hikes for the ultrawealthy like himself to pay for sweeping cuts for the middle class; vast spending increases on health care in general and for veterans and women in particular; huge capital investments in the country’s infrastructure, beginning with roads and bridges

Whether you believe he’d actually do any of these…

2 Likes

It may be a mess. But I always generously tip my waitstaff.

3 Likes

That seems downright reasonable. Was it opposite day when he came up with those?

3 Likes

In that he didn’t choke to death on it.

1 Like

Right, if you don’t plan on winning, you can make all the contradictory promises you want to pander to all parties and never have to reconcile.

1 Like

Surely it would be easier to list the topics on which Trump is not the ne plus ultra of stupidity

1 Like

I think that the Republican anti-vaxxers see themselves as anti-authoritarians who are bucking the system by looking at “alternative evidence” instead of blindly believing Big Pharma.

I think this is also how they appeal to people on the anti-global warming “science” only replace Big Pharma with Big University.

It sounds ridiculous until you realize you are following some dumb diet that insists you eat nothing but meat and butter for the same reason.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.