Donald Trump, Jr. mocks Hunter Biden's struggle with addiction

tumblr_n0r5y9zz4w1qhp4zio7_r1_250

8 Likes

The way Trump Jr. talks about Hunter; there’s some real animus there. I can only imagine that Jr. believes that as sons of presidential candidates they are somehow in a contest with one another? And so Jr. attacks Hunter the only way Jr. knows how - by pointing out the ways that Hunter is like Jr.

11 Likes

Agreed. Much like the axiom that one should never speak ill of the dead. I’m not about to honor anyone who dishonors humanity with platitudes that obfuscate their horribleness.

3 Likes

Obviously

I cannot imagine being this blind to reality.

17 Likes

Every single bad thing Jr has to say about Hunter Biden is a thing that is true of Jr. If I had to apply pop psychology I’d say Trump Jr. is full of self-hatred on account of never being loved by Trump.

11 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere, Don Jr. is incredibly bitter that Joe Biden has talked at length about how much love and pride he has for his sons.

19 Likes

Wasn’t it Don Jr. who spent part of his speech at the RNC to basically tell daddy how much he missed him? That’s not even sad, that’s just… pathetic.

10 Likes

With Republicans every accusation is a confession

8 Likes

Considering roughly 99.99% of the things that are said by anyone with Trump in their name is simply projection, it seems there’s a very high probability of this being true.

2 Likes

That would be Eric. It’s really disturbing how much it shows that he doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but himself (and maybe Ivanka) yet his other grown children are still desperate for his approval.

11 Likes

Ah, that’s right. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

I was mixing up “White Power” Eric and “White Powder” Junior.

(I’ll be so glad when the Trump family is out of the White House and I never have to devote any more mental energy toward thinking about any of them.)

17 Likes

Amen and Praise Logic.

15 Likes

Trump’s children see themselves as partners in the presidency (a branch of the Trump family business), sharing in its authority and prestige. If Don Jr. is exploiting his closeness to power for personal gain, of course he would assume that Hunter Biden has done the same.

When Don Jr. hunted and killed an endangered species of sheep in Mongolia, the Mongolian government granted him a permit retroactively.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/474046-mongolian-government-retroactively-granted-trump-jr-rare-permit

9 Likes

I’ve been saying for years that, whenever a Republican accuses their opponent of doing something nefarious, it is because it is something that they, themselves are (or will be) guilty of doing.

I like your version better.
Snagged!

6 Likes

What an abjectly vile human being.

8 Likes

Plus that addiction to hunting people for sport and food. Once the bloodlust starts it never ends well.

1 Like

In all fairness the sheep were a cover for the people he was hunting on the Mongolian steppes.

Addiction is a disease that affects millions of Americans. It’s not a lapse in character, or an indictment on a person’s individual choices; it is a disease with a biological component. Joe Biden understands this. That’s why he’s proud of his son.

Great quote, except Joe Biden was the guy behind incarcerating lots of people, especially dark skinned people for just such an addiction/disease. I don’t feel any compulsion to empathize with Hunter as Joe never gave a damn about anyone his legislation threw into the maws of the legal system. (1994 crime bill)

Just because an a-hole like Trump points out Hunter Biden’s weakness doesn’t mean we should forget or side with Joe Biden, who has always been more than willing to throw otherwise innocent people into the pokey for the same lapses as his useless son.

1 Like

Who do you want to see inaugurated on 20 Jan 2021?

4 Likes

We all make mistakes. Nobody will forget that he supported the infamous and terrible crime bill, but he has also since apologized and said he was wrong. So have many others that supported it including Bill Clinton.

The irony of Trump trying to weaponize this past mistake all while actively antagonizing the Black community at every turn is just absurd.

11 Likes