Donald Trump keeps saying his father Fred Trump was born in Germany. He was not

Oh, Fred Christ, what an idiot I am! That was “Fred Claus
[[“Fred Christ” ,my new swear word]]

2 Likes

Sweet Clausmas!

1 Like

Mainstream signage. Fake news, obviously.

ETA @glaurung I have no idea what’s going on there, but it is some of the most entertaining fake news I have read in a very long time. Well found!

1 Like

Yes it is shocking that he thinks the EU is a foe. But let’s not forget that in Trumpty Dumpty’s mind EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE that is not the USA is a current foe or a future/potential foe.

America first and everyone else is the enemy simply because in his weltanshauung everything is a zero sum game - we win, you lose; you win, we lose. His ‘rationale’ (hated using that word in connection with him), as expressed in the interview, makes this clear. So, shocking as it may be, it is not surprising.

4 Likes

Reading that the sign was placed by the “Cultural & Historical Society Inc”, I looked up Woodhaven. It turns out that it was the site of a British victory in War of Independence. On the other hand, the oldest house dates back as far as 1910! That’s pretty much modern housing where I come from :smiley: But, then, my home nation is old and threadbare.

1 Like

Well that would explain a lot, with him clearly being half bridge troll or something.

1 Like

So what I’m hearing is " my parents are immigrants and I’m a first generation American " is that right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

3 Likes

We could theorize for days about the utterly insane reasons he has for doing the things he does, but at the end of the day it’s probably something pretty mundane. My guess is that he thinks that by claiming both of his parents are immigrants will somehow legitimize the things he’s doing to immigrants. In his “very sane” mind, being the child of immigrant parents would grant him some measure of legitimacy when it comes to the horrible things he’s doing to immigrants now.

It absolutely doesn’t, it’s no different than a self-loathing person saying derogatory things about their own race or culture in order to ingratiate themselves with another group. Just because you are a member of a group (which he isn’t) doesn’t make racist things not racist, or barbaric things not barbaric.

It would fit with his simplistic view of the world. I am pretty well convinced that he thinks that nobody can object to what HUD is doing because (again in Trump’s mind, not in anything resembling reality) only African Americans use HUD services, and he put an African American in charge of it, therefore it can’t be racist. You hear the same kinds of arguments paraded around when the police murder innocent people, “well the officer was [whatever] too, so it couldn’t have been racially motivated!” Sorry, but no. That’s not how it works, bigots are bigots regardless of where they came from.

5 Likes

“But, some of my best officers are Black! Not the ones shooting people, obviously…”

2 Likes

Happens every damned time, too. I’ve literally heard the exact phrase, “the officer that shot him was black, so it couldn’t have been racially motivated” more than once. Not how it works, guys.

4 Likes

I hadn’t heard this craziness, but here’s detail

In their research into the Trump family, both author’s have come to the conclusion that the Swedish origins was just a story invented by Trump’s father. During the middle of the 19th century, Trump’s true decent - German - was simply bad for business.

The true story is that Trump’s grandparents on his father’s side came to America from the German town of Kallstadt in 1905.

The lying runs deep in this family.

1 Like

There certainly is. I’ve been thinking a lot about that, in terms of causality. Is it simply that Turmp does what Putin says? Or do they want the same things because they represent the same interests?

I’m thinking, it amounts to the same thing. Turmp’s revolting display was about demonstrating his sole fealty to corruption. Whether that’s corruption in the abstract or corruption in the person of Putin, it makes no difference to anyone else.

1 Like

anyone who still doesn’t get that EVERYTHING that Trump says is either a lie or an exaggeration is just beyond redemption at this point

no really, EVERYTHING

if you’ve never experienced someone like that before in your life it can catch you off-guard as we tend to assume people have at least some kind of baseline but there are “broken” individuals in society that have figured out they can get away with just non-stop lying and that it’s actually an advantage over others who seem tethered to the truth

it was almost entertaining right up to the point when he actually was given the presidency, then it became downright dangerous to the country and now the world

think about how many times each day and to how many people he lies, just an endless stream, because he realizes there is ZERO consequences and only benefits, it’s pathological

3 Likes

No, he doesn’t and he never did. His talk about immigrants is dog-whistle racism.

Many of those institutions are run by known mooses and or squirrels.

2 Likes

There is a scientific theorem that states if you change the elements of reality slow enough, beyond being observed and noted, you can change that reality into an alternate reality that will be accepted by those that exist in that reality. This is called the Bullshit Theorem and we are currently living it.

1 Like

Yeah, that one sounded to me like somebody tried to explain it to him before the trip and he tried to parrot it back to sound smart but was so confused that he mangled it and just sounded real dumb.

3 Likes

Because he wants to be able to say he is a first generation American which plays well in some circles and it helps his “self made” propaganda.

1 Like

So it’s chain migration, is it? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yep. “High Conflict People.” Blaming, all-or-nothing, unmanageably emotional, provocative, & with an enemies list. Unfortunately these are also characterisitics of folks who survived childhood abuse but never processed or resolved the trauma. I was targeted as an enemy by such a person, exiled from their company, & lost my best friend in the process. The person is not necessarily making up lies about me but genuinely believes that I am all bad. Nothing I can do. Got to step away & move on.

1 Like