Donald Trump suggests Hillary Clinton be shot to death for picking Supreme Court judges

You have a point, but on the other hand, she’s white.

3 Likes

ha! Where’s my ten bucks?!?

20 Likes

It’s worse, though, she’s a woman.

16 Likes

Given the typical political leanings of US police and military, along with the recent revelations of Secret Service conduct, I would be not at all surprised to discover that the majority of the Service are Trump supporters.

3 Likes

I don’t know. Oh, they hate Obama with a burning, racist hatred to be sure, but it’s not as personal IMO. I think they’d hate pretty much any black democratic president with about the same intensity. They managed a lot of the same level of hatred toward Bill Clinton, just without the racist component.

From what I’ve seen, though, with Hillary Clinton the hatred is much more visceral and personal. With her, they seem positively deranged with a nasty mix of misogyny and self-righteous ignorance born of decades of conspiracy theories and right wing rabble rousing. I’ve seen them vibrate with anger, almost frothing at the mouth when they talk about her–and she’s not even in office yet. They hate Obama for being an African American democratic president, but they despise Hillary just for being herself.

25 Likes

It’s hard to make a case for advocacy based upon an oblique “maybe somebody will do that”. The Secret Service themselves must have conversations like that often. Evidence of intent is extremely tricky.

The best approach is probably to openly call him out on it.

3 Likes

The next president will have a very important responsibility right away. Since the brick wall of NO that the Republicans put up left us with just 8 Justices, a new appointment will probably be the very first task for her (or ?him) on January 20, 2017.

I’m numb to the “new low” comment from that guy anymore. Giant d-bag … same as ever.

2 Likes
8 Likes

There’s plenty a republican congress can do… or, I suppose not do… just ask President Obama. I guess if Clinton is elected, we should get used to having just 3 Supreme Court Justices.

6 Likes

Oh I don’t know, Hillary already has 20 some odd years of Limbaugh fist pounding and Benghazi rage. You might also include some of the more disenchanted Bernie supporters.

Obama was adored by his party, but Hillary has never enjoyed that level of popularity. No one can accuse her of being too sensitive, at any rate.

16 Likes

Hey, Donald. When the party that you’re currently steering off a cliff is composed mostly of “2nd amendment types” you might not want to give them any ideas about assassination. Just sayin’.

15 Likes

Hey DeBlasio - NYC needs to cancel Trumps concealed carry permit!

12 Likes

posted five minutes ago on BBC:

US election: Anger over Donald Trump gun rights remarks

10 Likes

A few days ago I added some entries to my word substitution Chrome extension, including [campaign → death march]. That linked article makes an unnerving amount of sense with this implemented.

6 Likes

I took his comments to be a prod toward armed insurrection rather than assassination…but that really wouldn’t be any better.

4 Likes

I assumed that they maintained pretty good control about who gets to sit behind her at rallies, especially those people who sit in places where they will appear in most of the images taken of the candidate. It seems odd that they would not pay any attention to that, but perhaps you are right and he just wandered in.
I cannot even begin to guess why anyone would want him there. But people often do things that I find puzzling. It does seem that there is very little objective information available about how such seats are given out. I guess the right wing people are coming up with all sorts of reasons why he would be there, I don’t know for sure because I really don’t want to read what they have to say, unless they have some objective information. HRCs people seem to be going with the “just wandered in” explanation. I guess that could be the case. It seems pretty chaotic and out of character for her, but you never know.

Trump supporters won’t blame Trump for fucking things up - that’ll be fault of “the rigged system” or Hillary. It’ll be someone else who gets to be the target of their anger. It seems like, at this point, given the rhetoric coming from Trump, that there’s definitely going to be someone getting killed by Trump supporters after the election, even if it’s just some poor random bastards who were the first to cross the path of armed Trumpists.

9 Likes

TRUMP: “I said ‘I dunna know’ at the end. You took me seriously? It was improv! It was performance art! Sheesh, you media people…”

6 Likes

8 years ago: Obama is going to take our guns!
4 years ago: Obama is going to take our guns!

2016: Clinton is going to take our guns!

Originality is not a strong point in the TEAGOP, FACT!

28 Likes

The problem was, they just reinstalled Trump over the existing Trump install.

Sure, that may fix some issues, but the old crap is still there and it’s going to bleed through to the install.

What he needs is a good old format and reinstall from scratch.

Hopefully the install media is as corrupt as the rest of the political establishment…

27 Likes