Donald Trump suggests Hillary Clinton be shot to death for picking Supreme Court judges

Hey, I’m just asking questions here.

15 Likes

Meet the new Trump. Same as the old Trump.

8 Likes

She has done literally hundreds, maybe thousands of these events. I don’t think it’s standard practice to do a background check on everyone who sits within view of the camera. He’s not exactly someone most people would recognize on sight.

8 Likes

From Trump this counts as a dog whistle.
We should be happy he’s learning to be subtle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope we don’t get fooled (again).

2 Likes

I used to listen to him and Flush back in the day. Then I realized what I was doing and moved on from them.

3 Likes

Yeah, I keep wondering when I’m going to hear about the troops going into peoples houses and taking their guns. But I haven’t heard anything like that yet…

8 Likes

More like The Core, since, like Trump, that was loud and awful.

3 Likes

I would not have recognized him. I was also not saying that I expected anyone to do a full background check on everyone attending one of her events. I was going with the assumption that the people organizing those events would give the best and most visible seats to favored supporters. That is not an unusual practice for televised events attended by the public. Organizers of a non-political event often put photogenic or particularly enthusiastic people in the most visible seats. if you attend the taping of a live TV show where the audience might be seen, like “American Idol” or “Late Night”, you will certainly find that the most visible audience members are carefully selected. It seems odd to me that the democratic campaign would not have discovered such practices.

Yet…

Who didn’t see that coming?

1 Like

Great link!

And a new word in my vocabulary :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s more socially acceptable to hate someone for being a woman than to flat out say “I hate that uppity black guy.”

12 Likes

He is forgetting that the 2nd amendment applies to people of Mexican, Arab, Asian, Somali etc. descent, and even liberals! And he has no idea how heaviy armed those folks are, since they are not so careless about posting pics of their guns on Facebook.

6 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

To your comment, “Assassination isn’t part of the Constitutional process”, straight from the Bill Of Rights:
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

I don’t know about you, but I totally interpret that as a call for the peaceful changing of the guard. The “throw off such Government” is what cinches it for me. We could’ve avoided that whole messy war with just a few more opinion polls and sternly-worded letters, I’m sure :-p

Most people are women though, so it seems acceptable to only a very loud minority.

2 Likes

That passage is from THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, written nearly twelve years before the US Constitution was ratified. Try again.

28 Likes

Even if you choose to read it that way, the notion of “throwing off government” still does not excuse the assassination of presidential candidates who do not presently hold any government office. If somebody gets democratically elected, abuses public trust, and instead of accepting impeachment they double-down and entrench themselves in office - then we’ll talk possible use of force. Which almost certainly does not necessitate killing them. There is a broad spectrum of action between the simplistic poles of pacifism and murder.

14 Likes

Did the American rebels assassinate King George?

12 Likes