Donald Trump will not condemn the terrorist attacks on anti-Nazi protestors

Shouldn’t that be TiKKKi Tribe?

29 Likes

Looks like the the police where with the Nazis that day. If they want to sit back and watch the fun I’m fine with it. Have a judge deputize the people and clear the park.

2 Likes

Make the peace protesters US Marshalls for a day.

2 Likes

SIDE A: Marches in support of White Supremacy
SIDE B: Marches against White Supremacy
SIDE A: Runs down Side B with Dodge Charger

DISTURBINGLY LARGE CROSS SECTION OF AMERICA: Clearly both sides were equally at fault here

51 Likes

Just a small correction

SIDE A: Marches in support of White Supremacy
SIDE B: Marches against White Supremacy
SIDE A: Kettles and attacks side B
SIDE B: Marches in larger numbers against White Supremacy, some prepared to defend themselves
SIDE A: Runs down Side B with Dodge Charger

25 Likes

FTFY

22 Likes

Yes - it’s really unbelievable that when bottles were being thrown by the nazis & they attacked non participants like the clergy and observers- that the police stood there and did nothing.

Armed “militia” brandishing assault weapons in a riot and the police do nothing?

19 Likes

It’s past time to take down every single confederate monument on public lands.

30 Likes

WH is changing his story once again.

Oh, he was just being ‘forgetful’…

10 Likes

22 Likes

29 Likes

Let’s not forget this wonderful bit of word salad from Trump’s statement yesterday:

It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time.

I’ve heard this a dozen times on the news and I still don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about but it sure sounds like he’s trying to place some sort of oblique blame at Obama’s feet.

Then this nugget of incoherency:

So we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we’re doing wrong as a country, where things like this can happen.

Maybe he should just look in the mirror.

28 Likes

Yes, just a scaled up version of the story last week from Oklahoma, where the fire department seems to have waged a less than vigorous battle to save a gay white couple and black adopted son’s house as it burned to the ground.

Both yesterday’s police and National Guard behavior and the Oklahoma story are variations on Trump’s directive to “be a little less careful” about bumping suspects heads. Eggs. You know. You’ve got to crack a few. To make an omelet, that is.

17 Likes

The Republican shift toward the party of racism has it’s roots further back then Reagan. You had the Dixiecrats and George Wallace establishing that these groups were up for grabs and several early GOP primary campaigns that demonstrated the parties ability to do so and the utility of picking up the demographic. Nixon was the first national scale success using that approach with his southern strategy and fondness for dog whistle (law and order!).

Reagan gave us the GOP’s current coalition by tying Nixon’s Southern strategy in with business interests and the rising religious right. Which had largely been formed by conservatives tying together previously antagonistic Christian sects over Roe v Wade.

As with depressingly much in American politics the roots are surprisingly Nixonian. It’s shocking how influential that guy’s been over a half century despite being a massive, despised failure.

As keystone cops as Trump and his mooks have been. That’s increasingly more concerning to me than anything they might accidentally pull off.

Also I’ve never been a fan of the “hold your nose and vote narrative”. No person is perfect. Holding out for ideological purity, and candidates who largely can’t exist because humans be human. Is foolish. And has a fair bit to do with the current level of political division and opportunists like Trump who take advantage of it.

The politician you’re excited about voting for. Believe in totally. Is the politician the guy standing next to you has to hold his nose and vote for. Calling for people to only vote for those they 100% support. Is calling for an end to the sort of coalition building that serves as the only way to get sufficiently large number of people to support you. Calling for low voter turnout. Lack of compromise. All things that have exasperated the current situation and are very much at odds with the ideological roots of our government (however much people ignore them these days).

4 Likes

Did you see the damage that one protester did to that guys car by violently standing there? That’s not going to come out with a simple car wash ya know!

13 Likes

17 Likes

“…out, damn spot!”

4 Likes

Left out the haircut.

comment_be3PY8DvCI9XBFeEFwDB5HHH7B5g9Se3

3 Likes

You know, I’ve been more wiling than most people to give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he is just a clown and isn’t a total racists. I believe i am finally done with that. Sorry it took so long.

If you can’t call and condemn a spade as a spade, you’re probably also a spade and not just a black heart.

34 Likes

22 Likes