Trump wouldn't condemn white supremacists in first presidential debate, said to racist groups, 'stand back and stand by'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/29/trump-wouldnt-condemn-white-supremacists-in-first-presidential-debate-said-to-racist-groups-stand-back-and-stand-by.html

10 Likes

This debate was a shitshow of the highest order.

24 Likes

That was a pack of train wrecks.

14 Likes

I’m still struggling to remember the last time a left-winger experienced a positive outcome after shooting an authoritarian right-winger though. I’m sure it probably happens from time to time, but it’s not the most common outcome.

21 Likes

Trump is running against the election- not to win the vote.

He knows he can’t win - so he’s trying to invalidate the entire election - the same process that put him in office.

38 Likes

You’re literally making the NRAs argument for them now about why teachers should be armed.

21 Likes

Yeah, well, how are you supposed to react to a president’s threats of a wide spread race war?

“I guess I’ll sign up and register as: Victim. Or maybe: Bystander who watches as my neighbors are killed.”

We’re not going to get firearms control legislation. Not in the next 30 days. Probably not ever. If I still thought democracy could work, I’d say that guns aren’t a proper response to threats of violence.

But it’s abundantly clear now that the police only serve power. And are also infiltrated by right-wing terrorism. And will definitely not protect anyone from right wing militias. We’ve seen them work with right wing terrorist militias.

The only one you can count on to defend yourself from right wing terrorism is yourself.

16 Likes

Wow. He’s calling out to the brownshirts (of whatever they’re wearing now that Fred Perry disavowed them).

23 Likes

The red hats.

16 Likes

This Trump shit show is not going to work the way Trump’s people thought. He is not going to change people’s minds to come over to him.

12 Likes
10 Likes

But hey - thanks for the Philly shout out Donnie boy!

Good to know how much we scare you. You should be - you’re now losing PA by 9%. You’re going to lose it by more after this ass clown performance.

17 Likes

what a stupid thing to “be proud” of.

How? He didn’t make his guns. Is he proud that he bought them?

I misread the tweet, thanks for cluing me in @milliefink
4 Likes

Pssst-- it says guys, not guns.

7 Likes

We outnumber them. You can depend on lots of others. And the way to defend ourselfs is not by taking their life; its by us building something better. We might be on our own, but there is a lot of us. We can fight in better ways. :fist:

29 Likes

I saw a sign for a ‘military’ summer camp the other morning on my way home from work. I doubt it is what I thought of, but it wouldn’t surprise me in this climate if we didn’t see what I DO fear springing up here and there. Get 'em early.

1 Like

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF!

sorry, had to get that off my chest.

26 Likes

I mean, Christ, when even Jim Gaffigan is dunking on you…

33 Likes

this a thousand times. even the gop knows he can’t win, thus the supreme court rush.

maybe we can hack the tv stream coming into the whitehouse to show him fake polls where he’s doing really well.

yikes. we unfortunately have a winner.

12 Likes

“ But there were several reasons why elections staff did not allow members of the public to arbitrarily enter their offices. The Trump campaign has no poll watchers approved to work in Philadelphia at the moment. There are no actual polling places open in the city right now. And elections officials are following coronavirus safety regulations, such as those limiting the number of people indoors.

It’s true that voters were casting ballots Tuesday, but the locations where they were doing so are satellite elections offices where mail ballots can be requested, completed, and submitted. Poll watchers don’t have the same rights at such locations as they do at traditional polling places on Election Day, officials said.

“We don’t give someone a poll watcher certificate to … watch somebody fill out their ballot at their kitchen table,” said Al Schmidt, a Republican and one of the city commissioners, who run elections.”

13 Likes