Donald Trump's old spokesman John Barron was actually Donald Trump

They have the metaphorical version down.

Thirty plus years of insufferable lectures about free trade, cutting entitlements and strong defense out the window, I guess.

Think how much easier if they’d dumped it all permanently in 1976?

Now the GOP is the party of democratic economic policies but sexist and with more racism.

Great “principles” Freedom Caucus. When the going gets tough …

2 Likes

I’m sure they wouldn’t see it that way.

3 Likes

The funniest thing about that show for me was that the cooking sequences always got me so hungry. Even when it was meant to be people meat.

Seconded! Their culinary consultants definitely earned those paychecks. If I ever found myself sitting at a dining table with Mads Mikkelsen’s Dr. Lecter I think I’d probably find a way to persuade myself “OK, just this once…

3 Likes

Agreed. Were I the doctor whose signature made its way onto that document*, I would sue for misrepresentation and defamation of character.

Or maybe I would just deposit the substantial check from some company not visibly linked to Trump, and then quietly go on my way.

*[I checked – It’s not Dr. John Miller.]

1 Like

Well, Nixon also won because HHH was just a fucking little weasle.That certainly did not help things.

1 Like

Was he a weasel when he won the floor fight to add civil rights to the party platform in 1948? And he was VP when the Voting Rights Act passed.

#NotAllWeasels :slight_smile:

Always with the biggest, classiest media relations guys.

What totally non-pathologically dishonest non-narcissistic non-sociopath!!!

Remember this guy?

3 Likes

Baghdad Bob?

Tempting to vote for him to see what we get in the way of international incidents. Or he could attend the Ambassador Training Institute:

To see if you qualify for a career in diplomacy, take this easy test, right now, in the privacy of your own home. Listen closely. You are having dinner with some foreign dignitaries and someone says something anti-American. You:

(A) Shoot him and create an international incident.

(B) Pretend you did not hear it and ask him to pass the sweet and sour shrimp.

You’d be surprised how many people say “A” – but if you said “B,” then you have the ability to make quick decisions on your feet. When you enroll at Ambassador Training Institute, you’ll learn how to accept gifts graciously, how to propose toasts. You’ll use phrases like: “Delighted to see you again!” “I’ll ask the Secretary of State.” and “Pass the sweet and sour shrimp.”

3 Likes

People magazine has just collected a cornocopia of late night hilariousness to educate (?) Drumpf fans who read People magazine and everyone else.

There’s video from Colbert, Oliver & SNL.

People magazine!

As Oliver pointed out, Trump’s publicist stunt shouldn’t have made headlines in 2016. The mogul confessed to posing as John Miller to Carswell in 1991.

The real story, Oliver said, is that present-day Trump lied about it.

“He said that he was sorry that he made the call, that was a joke that went awry,” Carswell told ABC7 on Saturday, adding, “It shows he’s a liar right now. And that distresses me.”

Seth Meyers on why Drumpf’s recent denial of “John Miller” story matters for the election:

One, it often seems as though Trump can lie freely without consequence on the campaign trail. The fact-checking site Politifact has ruled a stunning 76 percent of Trump’s statements as ‘false, mostly false or pants on fire.’ Yet, somehow he eludes accountability. It’s a clear-cut case where you can hear the audio for yourself and know that Trump is lying. Second, John Miller is a fake persona manufactured by Trump to aggrandize himself in the eyes of the public, which is exactly what he’s doing now as a presidential candidate…

2 Likes

I owe many people an apology.

I don’t remember who any of them are, specifically, so I’m just going to post it openly here.

To all those who told me that some people watched the Colbert Report, believing that Colbert was earnest and not a satirical character:

I’m sorry.

I am so sorry for not believing you.

I believe you now.

I am so, so sorry that it took Donald Trump’s campaign for me to believe you.

You can stop with the demonstration now. The joke has gone on long enough.

Sincerely,
-Me.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.