Don't waste money on perfume. Try vabbing instead

I’m doing it… right now!

2 Likes

Where do you dab the Nutella?? Behind the ear? On the wrist? Neither seems visually attractive…

4 Likes

People talking about it on TikTok reckon

Hmmm

I think I’ll stick with Creed Erolfa.

What’s the male equivalent? Cause I can guarantee no one wants to smell the natural musk of my taint.

4 Likes
5 Likes

hair gel GIF

6 Likes

Nothing to add about vabbing, but I had to give Jennifer Sandlin a high-five for that perfect shutter stock image use for this post! As Christoph Waltz said in Inglorious Bastards: “Ooooh, that’s a Bingo!!!”

steve bannon stephen GIF

5 Likes

Except these are scents we can’t (consciously) smell in any quantity, in some cases. It’s not a case of “it’s too faint to be consciously perceived,” it appears to be a matter of detecting the chemicals via something other than the normal olfactory system.

Something similar to Sex Panther, which I’ve been told smells like Bigfoot’s dick…

3 Likes

Ginkgo Blossom?

5 Likes

8 Likes

I just pee on my hands and rub it on my ears like a hamster.

10 Likes

Gee, I hope nobody remembers you for that comment… :grimacing:

I used to feed my rats Polos and then when they washed after they’d be minty fresh!

8 Likes

I’m confident that I’m not going to do anything like this. (Even if my anatomy would allow it.)

2 Likes

I must be getting jaded, I was able to predict the take that the real magic is not the scent or anything olfactory, but the feeling the person gets from doing something that audacious. The whole “holy shit, I just did something wildly outside of the norm!” that gives a little thrill, that in turn boosts confidence.

4 Likes

Yeah, wasn’t this in Even Cowgirls Get the Blues? (That’s when I read it – I’m sure the book is older than that)

I thought that’s what Summer’s Eve was for? </s>

(This would’ve been one of the first things I read about on BoingBoing)

6 Likes

Too late! @GilbertWham now translates as “gerbil whiz” and so it shall forever be! :wink:

I don’t really get all the disgust. Like @chenille mentioned, it’s not any weirder of grosser than stuff used in ‘regular’ perfumes. I mean, it’s not my thing. I lean towards a dab of grapefruit essential oil, or maybe a dab of vanilla extract or balsam oil in the cold season, but to each their own. I am more olfactorally discomfited by people dousing themselves in something like Axe body spray than dabbing a bit of their own juices on some pulse points :woman_shrugging:t2:

I wonder if that’s where I heard about it. I read that in the early ‘90s as well. Not long after reading “Jitterbug Perfume,” which gave me a whole new appreciation for scent profiles. Let me know if you check it out to confirm, I’ll do the same.

8 Likes

Another haunter of Publisher’s Warehouse?

3 Likes