Dr. Oz says the left thinks human beings are cockroaches and that's why they don't like fracking

“If you give us tools to prosper, we’ll just destroy more because we’re not a force for good.”

He’s got it right, just wrong source of the belief…
It’s always projection.

5 Likes

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

13 Likes

No, no… Kafka, not Dumas.

18 Likes

Jean Harlow Lol GIF by Maudit

16 Likes

I highly doubt it.

1 Like

Wow! In energy, we’ve actually found something Oz knows less about than medicine!

6 Likes

Tbf I think on balance cockroaches do better with humans around than they would without us. They’re classic hemerophiles.

8 Likes

What other terror is going to think they are competent to govern? Dr. Phil? Doc Ock?

4 Likes

Funny thing is that the progressives are the ones who are always fighting to preserve the stuff that’s supposed to make America beautiful: halcyon skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesties above the enameled plain… even the seas are supposed to shine.

Ain’t nothing in that song singing the praises of fossil fuels.

20 Likes

Old Ted Nugent’s brain was melted by the COVID “ I thought I was dying, just a clusterfuck.” - on top of his dementia.

4 Likes

Transphobes aren’t the most convincing support to bring to an argument. Particularly in today’s climate.

6 Likes

He’s just another useful idiot RepubliKKKlanner (I know that’s redundant). Just goes to show that even if one if highly educated, they can be missing rationality, compassion, and basic emotional intelligence.

#NeverVoteRepublican - they love these idiots
#TaxTheRich and #TaxTheChurches - they enable these fools

1 Like

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s my understanding that cockroaches wouldn’t do well, at least on the North American continent, without humans around keeping things warm for them.

2 Likes

I mean, if we’re using cockroaches in the sense he seems to imply, as an out-of-control pestilence spreading over and polluting absolutely everything while consuming anything that can be consumed… evidence certainly seems to be on the side of “the left”.

Also, if you’re trying to paint religious folks as being especially environmentally-conscious while at the same time believing humans are oh-so-special and all of nature exists to serve their needs, pardon me while I laugh in your face, Doctor. Weirdly enough, believing that the really good stuff starts after we die and that Jesus will be back any moment to Rapture everybody and render all mortal concerns irrelevant is not a mindset that encourages responsible long-term planning.

5 Likes

Two years ago today:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Well, there’s a chart of doctor trustworthiness. Dr. Oz is on the right side, below the neutral line between “Trust with your life” and “Run. Run very far.” As time goes on, though, I think he’s sinking towards Doc Ock and Dr. Lector.

Though there is some sketchiness in that chart anyway: Dr. Huxtable is in the upper-right corner and he needs to sink towards the lower-right quite a bit.

Hell, I’d trust Doctor Doom to lead better than I’d trust Mehmet Oz.

5 Likes

This is scurrilous. Cockroaches were here long before us and they’ll be here long after us. I’d never denigrate them by comparing them to Dr. Oz.

6 Likes

I’m having trouble processing the “cleanest energy possible” claim…

2 Likes