Driver of 3-wheeled car tries to kick a dog, earns instant karma

Originally published at: Driver of 3-wheeled car tries to kick a dog, earns instant karma | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Dog day afternoon. Snicker…

15 Likes

not life and death or anything, but that is a different dog at the end of the clip.

9 Likes

You’d use a disguise if that just happened to you.

18 Likes

27 Likes

I was mildly disappointed that the doggo at the end didn’t piss on the guy’s head.

14 Likes

And all the dogs on the street went

22 Likes

And the second dog says to the guy, “Did you ever hear the one about the 3-legged dog?”

10 Likes

Ah, so the karma missed the dogma…

excellent GIF

25 Likes

That curb reminds me of those insane street dividers in Seattle. I thought I destroyed the wheel of a rental once hitting one of those damn things. I can’t imagine what the reasoning behind them is.

2 Likes

In places with legendarily bad drivers, it’s a sad and ineffective attempt to keep people going one way from randomly swerving into oncoming traffic.

7 Likes

Looks like a different dog at the end of the clip, he comes out from inside a doorway.

Nevertheless, dog =1, dumbass = 0

7 Likes

I like to think it is Dog, in whatever avatar It is appearing in, that appears at the end.

8 Likes

8 Likes

The video is too small and fast to tell if he was being a sourpuss trying to kick a dog, but just maybe he put out his leg to try to avoid the dog running into him and getting hit by his vehicle.

1 Like

But the dog would be hit just the same and just as hard?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

8 Likes

Legs are softer than vehicles … and maybe, in the instant, he instinctively stuck out a leg to try to make the dog change direction.

3 Likes

The dog wasn’t moving until a leg came flying at it, then it reacts by jumping around. It was at least two to three feet away from the path of the car.

The guy in the car though? If he was concerned about the (completely stationary) dog getting hit, he had lots of options - ignore it since it wasn’t moving, slow down slightly himself, or even swerve carefully to the right (plenty of space - almost the full width of his vehicle between him and that curb).

He had to lean pretty damn far out of his vehicle to try to reach the dog with his foot - and of course, he braced himself by holding on to the top of the steering wheel. So no, this wasn’t a “shoo nice puppy, don’t get hit by my car!”, it was a “hey, if I lean a bit further, I can boot that dog on the way past!”

7 Likes

An example of “moralistic clickbait” where there is a compelling (?) story attached to an ambiguous video. It looks to me like he was swerving from the dog and put his foot out because the car was tilting and doing the tricycle crash I learned about when I was 4 years old.
Also he was going too fast and that curb is not safe and there are dogs around.
I saw one the other day where a cat jumps from a burning building and the headline was something like he “struts away like a boss” but the video doesn’t show that and I suspect the cat was injured but hey - clickbait

1 Like

Like many tuk-tuk videos, I guess.

3 Likes