Driver pulled from crashed truck seconds before it explodes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/driver-pulled-from-crashed-tru.html

8 Likes

Nice to see video of a cop saving instead of killing an unarmed person for once.

12 Likes

Every episode of CHiPs ever.

14 Likes

Wow, this cop did all the right things, but yes, that driver is one lucky S.O.B.

3 Likes

Well done, that man!

3 Likes

Geeze, what a rescue. Glad the driver made it out ok with quick help.

4 Likes

yikes. i thought vehicles only blew up like that in movies.

4 Likes

Let’s not forget the Good Samaritan who was already there pulling the guy out by the time the LEO got there to help finish the effort.

It’s quite possible that the one guy alone wouldn’t have been able to get the driver out and away far enough quickly enough. He also is very lucky to have lived through the experience.

12 Likes

This is why you can’t skip leg day.

3 Likes

If it had been a Michael Bay movie the explosion would have taken out the entire city and a robot would have flown out of the remains.

3 Likes

and they don’t know what caused the crash.

I’ll place my chip on rubbernecking drivers looking at the cop instead of the road in front of them.

4 Likes

That couldn’t possibly be the cause.

1 Like

Don’t forget the “/s” for the sarcasm-impaired.

2 Likes

Huh - James Clyburn and Joe Biden?

Comments about how he would have left the driver in the truck if the driver had been black, coming in 3…2…1

3 Likes

Holy crap.
That was in the nick of time.

1 Like

Nah, cops like to take a more…active role in injuries to black people. Nice trolling, BTW.

4 Likes

Seriously what the fuck is up with Michael Bay there are parts of the ground exploding there where nothing is and it’s obvious they are fake because of the way they are exploding

Michael Bay ruined real explosions

5 Likes

While I’ve seen most of the transformers movies I really don’t remember all the details. I do know that in several of them the military was firing at the transformers with explosive rounds. So maybe that explains it?

2 Likes