Echoing Infowars, Trump lies that 'very dishonest' U.S. press are covering up terror attacks

Two things:
• his backpack had no explosives in it.
• the attack didn’t take place in the Louvre museum. He attacked a security guard in the Carrousel de Louvre, a shopping mall.

24 Likes

I think if we’re talking policy, we’re going to have to mine deeply on the meaning of words like “fictional”.

What if Syldavia attacked first, killing innocent American women and children? Landing from longboats and ransacking villages and hamlets dotted along the Eastern seaboard of The Homeland?

Spattering the crimson blood of wholesome folk, spraying it like a geyser over the hitherto quietly snow-blanketed beauty of the wintering, slumbering states?

Imagine this in your mind, and determine if you are willing to stand by as Syldavia is preparing to assault us. Are you? Sad.

We have to gear up, build more weapons, and attack first.

5 Likes

One such effort is to call a plausible conspiracy theory a theory of conspiracy

Hmmm, that’s probably fair.

The term could be used fairly accurately to describe most financial enclaves and probably all of advertising psychology. I think I take after Adam Curtis’ summary, it’s all being done in the open. There’s no need for a secret conspiracy because the efficacy of the employed system emerges, in part, from the apparent transparency of the financially motivated propaganda.

“It’s just consumerism.” or “It’s just the market.” or whatever.

3 Likes

Thankfully, @xeni just mentioned the misspellings as a sidenote. I really wonder if this is actually a strategy by the Bannonista: pepper it with typos, distract media, make coverage tl;dr, deepen polarisation between elitist so-called liberals and common populists.

2 Likes

Colbert chimes in

12 Likes

I’m so glad St Cloud made the list. Never forget 9/17! I was there. A guy (immigrant) with a knife slashed a few people ( who, all but one, were released immediately). He was gunned down, and the system worked as it should. I’ve seen far worse from the locals. I’m a litlle (lot) more worried about the Quebec attack.

2 Likes

The basic intent of his attack should be considered important enough to be mentioned. The French had released details of his carrying paint bombs hours before the NBC report. NBC never mentioned art, beyond the location of the attack. It could, of course, just be lazy reporting. To me, someone flying from the middle east just to destroy western art at the Louvre is a big deal.

He made an ISIS video before the attack, and brought machetes.

Paint bombs do not require explosives. He was confronted in the Carrousel du Louvre, where there is a museum entrance, and one that has much shorter lines than the main entrance. He did not get into the museum itself. Guards confronted him, and asked to see his bags. That is when he pulled out the machetes and attacked them.

1 Like

but reality doesn’t matter anymore and there is no God.

Isn’t the reverse true? When reality matters,there is no God.

If they are not explosives, why insist on using a biased term to describe them when the more accurate label of “spray paint” was already suggested above?

15 Likes

DANG… if this is true, Trump better hurry up and give us back all our guns Obama took away when he was president…

3 Likes

I can’t find any reliable source for this - what French media are you referring to?

4 Likes

Don’t worry, we all know why. Stand by for yet another “apology” about his poor choice of words.

4 Likes

We are living in an age of post satire, where the ruling elite have become so tone deaf and so sociopathic that their activities seem to almost always come pre-satirized.

6 Likes

The obvious comeback to this is: the 24-hour news media loves to report on terror attacks (or does this mean that Fox News also ignored these attacks?)

The list they provided is global, not just US incidents, I’m not sure how that is supposed to relate to security here in the US.

If you google some of these incidents on the list you see they were reported, I guess that’s not good enough, Trump wants CNN to go all hyper and breathless every time there’s a suicide bombing in Afghanistan or Israel/Palestine? It’s unfortunate, but this is the new normal.

What Trump is really demanding is that we all be scared shitless every single day.

Which reminds me: When is so-called President Trump going to address the threat of vampires and werewolves?

8 Likes

How do you think the WH made the list in the first place?

They wanted the news media to spend yesterday talking about Islamic terrorism. It worked.

9 Likes

And in many cases, a single person was wounded or killed in a non-US country, with no attacker identified. Just the sort of thing that the US news media should be all over!

I’m sure foreign news media breathlessly reports on every individual hate crime shooting in the US, too.

[edit]Oh, good grief. They included the Orlando shooting in that list. Yeah, that was really underreported!
So they have a whole 78 incidents over three years, and probably the only “underreported” ones on the list were ones that were so small they really weren’t internationally relevant.

7 Likes

Doesn’t the Louvre regularly have to deal with misanthropes with desires to harm the art?

11 Likes

So it’s a subliminal thing, just having “Islamic terrorism” on everyone’s lips, or does the fact that the media is calling bullshit on his claim not matter?

4 Likes