Echoing Infowars, Trump lies that 'very dishonest' U.S. press are covering up terror attacks

19 Likes

Wrong as ever, wrong as always Max.

But it’s true to you, because of how you feel.

And that will not change, because how you feel justifies atrocities to those who look different than yourself.

12 Likes

I am sure glad that instead of talking about continued presidential attacks on the press, this thread has been repurposed into dealing with paranoid innuendo brought on by Max’s difficulty reading French yet somehow trusting himself over reporters who do. So awesome. :unamused:

14 Likes

As has been pointed out ‘paint bombs’ is just a bad translation for spray paint.
Also WTF does this have to do with the press NOT reporting events as this apparently got press unless NBC isn’t mainstream media these days?

12 Likes

There are no excuses.

EDIT

I really need to clean up my bookmarks…

15 Likes

The point was that the report left out any mention of paint, the inclusion of which would help viewers understand the motive behind the attack.
assuming that some here have better grasp of French than I do, what would they call balloons or jars full of paint? that is what I think of when someone says “paint bombs”.

1 Like

The same thing as always with that guy:

12 Likes

He wanted to fuck shit up. What does the specifics of spray paint or knives or whatever tool is used make a difference here? Seriously?

9 Likes

Max, you’re discussing minutiae here, the sort of thing that Journalistic license in every publication ever applies - what are the relevant parts of the story? What will fit into the word count or timeslot I have? What are the salient points that get the point across, and which aren’t?

Posters in this thread have pointed out multiple examples that make it clear the attacker was described as a terrorist with terrorist group ties. Leaving out details but ensuring the relevant points come across is simply part of the decision process every reporter goes through. News orgs are NOT encyclopaedias (who, themselves, have to make the same decisions regularly on what to include or exclude based on notability).

Let’s please drop this subthread. I’ll consider further posts on this single incident as offtopic from here on.

21 Likes

Because the reports I had read referred to 'paint bombs", without further explanation of what they were. I see that BBC is now saying paint spray cans, so I will use that term from here forward.Thanks for the info.

Glad you are allowing the conversation to move on. Can we get to the next point of moppetry?

8 Likes

thank you for correcting me

1 Like

That was one example, and it was in CANADA

He actually emphasized the word “Canada” in a dismissive tone.

Are we going to have any allies left, by the end of the month?

8 Likes

it’s amazing what you can vandalize with just a thin smear of red herring.

15 Likes

MacGuffin was a master of that technique.

6 Likes

Poland?

4 Likes

The Philippines?

8 Likes

Iraq?  

4 Likes

Russia?

8 Likes

Правда

8 Likes

Nope, Duterte has some serious anti-American views, in addition to his more reprehensible views on drug use. Dude waved around pictures from the Philippine-American war and has said he wants closer ties to China.

12 Likes