Election 2019 - Whither Canada?

Ah yes, the problem with the PPC is they are “too left”, not that they are suffering from mass deranged thinking and apathy. /s

I’ve added category intersection pages for news articles with Andrew Scheer and various subjects. e.g. Andrew Scheer and Abortion, Climate change, Alt-Right, LGBTQ, etc.

Bigots gotta bigot. Heck, I thought it was a fancy toque, and you can’t get more Canadian than that!

1 Like

I think the Montrealer is confused as to what country he’s living in.

3 Likes

Another text spam from “Sue” at Canada Strong and Proud. There’s a connection into the Canada Proud network of Conservative Party auxiliaries. All the interesting ways of circumventing the election spending limits that the Conservative Party is famous for.

(I usually report them as spam. Never ever respond, even to tell them to fuck off.)

Canada’s Ted Cruz?

I don’t think Canada has a law against that like Australia, but still embarrassing.

1 Like

Scheer raised concerns about former governor general Michaëlle Jean holding both Canadian and French passports in a 2005 blog post.

“I have a few quick questions for anyone who thinks that Michaëlle Jean is a good choice to be our next GG,” Scheer wrote. “What are her qualifications? What experience does she have that would assist her to carry out her duties as our head of state, including the potential to be a referee in a minority government situation?”

He also asked his constituents if they felt it was appropriate for Jean to maintain her French passport. “Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?” Scheer asked.

Speaking Thursday, Scheer said he wasn’t attacking Jean, but rather he was just asking questions of his constituents.

But, does anyone like Jason Kenney?

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks like the Conservative Party broke their attack ad section out into a separate organization this time. It’s a way to get around election spending rules.

Voldemort? It really is getting crowded on the right!

1 Like

Conservatives using a Chinese company that ignores Canadian election laws, not a shock.

eta: Also robocalls, again.

eta: Cybersecurity risks…

1 Like

Conservative Platform Makes Free Speech Policies A Requirement For University Grants

Universities that don’t express a “commitment” to free speech would not be eligible for grants.

Canadian post-secondary institutions that bar racist, anti-LGBTQ or other speakers from their campuses could see their research grants slashed under a Conservative government.

That’s according to the Conservative Party of Canada’s official platform, which launched Friday and contains a pledge to “promote free speech on campus.”

Freeze Peach for Neo-Nazis and God Botherers.

1 Like

A lot of familiar names from their 2015 list. True, you can’t choose your fans, but it’s easy to disavow them. These candidates have not.

Mud fight on the Right!

Scheer sounded like a broken record repeatedly ducking the question.

df20031022

1 Like
3 Likes

For those playing along at home, countdown starts in two hours:

At the same time: But you are, Max, you are!

1 Like
4 Likes

Robocalls again? Shades of 2011!

5 Likes

Notice where: places where Conservatives traditionally have trouble gaining all the seats. ABC (Anything But Conservative for non-Canadians) started in the Maritimes. Quebec has the Bloc, which – despite what analysts say – siphon seats from both sides.

West of Ontario is relatively safe or never going to go right… it’s one or the other. Last poll I heard had BC going Orange. So no calls – it’s wasted resources.

They know only a limited number of people will fall for it. But get just enough in key ridings… are we really surprised these dogs are performing the same old tricks?

5 Likes