Elections 2018

I think the lesson Kemp took from 2016 is that if you control everything, then no one is in a position to investigate you. Also, voter suppression wasn’t unique to Kemp, and he might not have felt like he was being unusually flagrant.

so, yes, resentment. But he might have assumed there would be no real consequences that he’d care about. I can’t tell yet if he’s wrong

6 Likes

Schadenfreude: He put in a rule where someone who lost by > 1% cannot call for a recount.

He lost by 1.2%.

15 Likes

Amendment 4 In FL, reenfranchising felons who have completed their sentence, has the potential to make FL a blue state going forward. No effect now, but 2020?

11 Likes

BBC post-mortem … with Simon Schama and David Frum.

(15min.)
2 Likes

Will he rise to the occasion?

9 Likes

It won’t stand up in court, your honor.

7 Likes

Yup. Enjoy your preview of 2020.

3 Likes

Considering that the likes of Chuck Grassley and Orrin Hatch are only a few shallow breaths away from Dennis Hof, I’m sure Hoff’ll do just fine in the Senate.

(And, look! Hoff’ll rhymes with awful. This stuff practically writes itself.)

1 Like

Well, depending on accent it rhymes with offal.

That is at least equally apt.

3 Likes

Even with Mourning Wood?

2 Likes

Anyone who did not catch Chris Hayes’ opening analysis of the results of the election should check it out. I had no idea of the down ballot results. Blue wave indeed!!

What do you call a racist Freudian slip?

“ragtime”

5 Likes

Florida voting irregularities? How is that even possible?

“Steal Florida” by recounting the ballots, only in Republican logic.

10 Likes

JFC

10 Likes

Thought y’all might enjoy this -

I got robo-called by Emily Taylor, the new chairwoman of the local Republican party (the old one resigned in disgust) twice in the 24 hours leading up to the election.

She basically said (only slightly paraphrasing) that if I voted for Democrats, they were going to revoke the laws against first degree murder so they could kill more children.

The contrast between her deadly serious tone and the utter wingnuttery of what she was saying was so extreme I literally laughed out loud.

4 Likes

Still going…

4 Likes

I think they are supposed to do a hand recount when it’s that close…

3 Likes

Still going…

(Frothing rage on Breitbart. No change.)

4 Likes

Indeed. The top comment on non-political stories over there often mentions libtards.

It is never not frothy there. Unless it is a story they buried in The Wires. Lol

2 Likes

weren’t we not attributing random shit to mental illness around here anymore

3 Likes